Thread: first day safety broke

first day safety broke

Today i bought a thunder 9 UC pro and after about 100 rounds in the safety elastic pin( still missing) and safety bar (right) fell off? Didnt catch it until after another mag went through the firearm. I did sease fire on it the second i found the problem. The weapon will not go to safe because the safety stop pin is in the way. So i think something went wrong . I disassembled, cleaned, and cycled the weapon with snap caps and the hammer would not stay back, it was double action about half the time. And now the hammer wont come back at all, the handgun disassembled itself. The left safety bar has a gap between the frameso the safety pin is hittin the safety stop pin.

Has anyone seen this?

How long is normal turnaround with bersa?
    Last edited by Hartsk8s; 08-06-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: more happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsk8s View Post
    Today i bought a thunder 9 UC pro and after about 100 rounds in the safety elastic pin( still missing) and safety bar (right) fell off? Didnt catch it until after another mag went through the firearm. I did sease fire on it the second i found the problem. The weapon will not go to safe because the safety stop pin is in the way. So i think something went wrong . I disassembled, cleaned, and cycled the weapon with snap caps and the hammer would not stay back, it was double action about half the time. And now the hammer wont come back at all, the handgun disassembled itself. The left safety bar has a gap between the frameso the safety pin is hittin the safety stop pin.

Has anyone seen this?

How long is normal turnaround with bersa?
    Bersa contracts out their service with several different gunsmiths around the country. http://www.bersa.com/warranty will give you the different service centers. If you ship it via UPS or Fedex it has to go overnight and its not cheap. Your retailer can ship it via the USPS a little cheaper. All of the service centers have good reputations as far as work goes... less so on the communication front. Contacting bersa directly may get you parts only if you think you can replace them yourself...