Thread: Click!

Click!

I have posted this over a Bersa Chat also, but wanted as many to weigh in as possible.

For the second time in my first two hundred rounds or so, my 9 UC PRO has failed to fire a live round. This time my son was shooting, and it was the first round of the mag. I noticed before he pulled the trigger that he did not allow the slide to slam shut, but instead only allowed it to close gently. The round was in the chamber though. I dropped the mag and ejected the round to look at it and did not see a firing pin indentation. I put it back on top of the mag, chambered it allowing the mag to slam shut, and it fired. No prob the rest of the day. Can anyone give an opinion as to whether or not the way the round was chambered might have been the cause?
    Last edited by Stanwell; 05-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.

I would guess slide not fully seated . Never let slide down Pull back and release or drop with slide lock. Your not going to hurt it. It travels a lot faster when fired.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    I would guess slide not fully seated . Never let slide down Pull back and release or drop with slide lock. Your not going to hurt it. It travels a lot faster when fired.
    I too think that was the problem. Hoping so anyway. Next time at the range I may try to reproduce the incident. One of those things I need to know!