Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Recoil Spring For FIrestorm 22

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12

    Recoil Spring For FIrestorm 22

    Have been trying to get a recoil spring for at least a month.. Bersa Sales keeps telling me 2 weeks. Can anyone at Bersa
    tell me when you will have this part. Seems strange that I can't get a reliable answer out of such a great company.
    Does not seem all that complicated. It is just a spring. It is a shame that Wolf or someone does not make one.
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    126
    It is that complicated, unfortunately. We are Eagle Imports, the exclusive distributor for Bersa in the USA. We ask Bersa for spare parts, and we get them when they send them. So, nobody is trying to do you wrong, they are just giving you their best guess as to when the part will arrive to send to you. trust me, we will get this to you as soon as we have it. I do apologize for the wait.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    It is that complicated, unfortunately. We are Eagle Imports, the exclusive distributor for Bersa in the USA. We ask Bersa for spare parts, and we get them when they send them. So, nobody is trying to do you wrong, they are just giving you their best guess as to when the part will arrive to send to you. trust me, we will get this to you as soon as we have it. I do apologize for the wait.

    Never suggested or implied that anyone was "doing me wrong".

    Was only suggesting that relationship between Eagle and Bersa would yield a more definative answer.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    126
    If you only knew. Spare parts are sometimes the hardest things to get a handle on between our two companies. You may want to check with one of the warranty centers to see if they may have the part you need.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    If you only knew. Spare parts are sometimes the hardest things to get a handle on between our two companies. You may want to check with one of the warranty centers to see if they may have the part you need.
    Good Idea.. Thanks

  6. #6
    Super Moderator michael t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    outback KY
    Posts
    476
    You have fired it that much that you wore out the recoil spring. I have known 380 thunders to go as high as 6000 be for a spring change.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

    bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    You have fired it that much that you wore out the recoil spring? I have known 380 thunders to go as high as 6000 be for a spring change.
    My Thunder 380 went to almost 6K before I replaced the recoil spring. I wasn't having any functionality issues with the pistol, but when I was cleaning two of the Thunder .380s and laid the springs out side by side, the spring from the pistol with 1K rounds was about an inch longer than the one on the other pistol. The new spring was about an inch longer as well. Like I said, I wasn't having any troubles but it looked to be time for a new one.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12
    [QUOTE=michael t;4377]You have fired it that much that you wore out the recoil spring. I have known 380 thunders to go as high as 6000 be for a spring change.[/QUOTE

    No -- it i about rying to resolve issues with my particuar gun that have existed since new.. Isolating if out of spec spring from getgo could be the problem

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lyons, Indiana
    Posts
    290
    Let us know what the issue is and we would be happy to help you figure it out.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •