Thread: Looking @ a 9mm

Looking @ a 9mm

I have been looking at getting a 9mm, what do you guys think about the Taurus 709 ?
    EMS CAN'T FIX STUPID

Take a good look and feel of the Bersa 9's. I've been researching them and they seem to have a very good track record.

For the record, not fond of Taurs firearms.

http://www.bersa.com/skin/frontend/b...rsaCatalog.pdf

Will take that into consideration thank you for the reply
    EMS CAN'T FIX STUPID

I loved my Bersa 9 and would not even consider another Taurus I have own 3 and 2 were nothing but trouble . I passed my 9 on to a family member who needed a pistol for protection . Since I have other 9mm in my collection . I knew my Bersa was accurate and relieable so that the one they got.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Take a good look and feel of the Bersa 9's. I've been researching them and they seem to have a very good track record.

For the record, not fond of Taurs firearms.
    I love my Bersa Thunder 9 HC. I've had it for about four and a half years and it has never missed a beat or a bullseye. I had a Taurus once. I got rid of it due to their lack of customer service.
    Last edited by Americangirl01; 04-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Administrator
    I am quickly growing fond of the BPCC in 9mm.
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

My latest Bersa is the Thunder Pro 9mm UC. This is such a sweatheart that it would take double the price to temp me to part with it, and then only if I knew where I could go get another.

Quote Originally Posted by duggap View Post
    My latest Bersa is the Thunder Pro 9mm UC. This is such a sweatheart that it would take double the price to temp me to part with it, and then only if I knew where I could go get another.
    Congratulations, duggap and welcome. The Thunder UC9 should serve you well. The Bersa Thunder 9 series pistols in my opinion are the most accurate, trouble-free pistols right from the box. I hope you enjoy your new baby.

I own a lot of 9s. S&W and Springfield and yes the Glock. I also have the best of them all the Bersa 9HC and UC. They are truly the greatest weapons. I rank weapon like pistol with Marks Zones. Mark 1 Zone; Ease of use and quickness to first fire round; Now it is true the Glock and weapons like them are a LITTLE faster on firing. But the time saved compared to the true safe operation of the weapon the Glock and weapons that use a trigger safety fail in my eye, Safety is number one Always and the 1/10 of a second that it takes to release the Bersa for firing doesn't affect my first Mark rating. Also the Balance of the Bersa was good and compared real well against their counter parts. So ranking the Bersa on Mark 1 Zone, I was able to engage the target and fire in 1.45 seconds. It was sweet. Mark 2 Zone was the follow up firing and trigger pull. Here the Bersa blew me away. Factory pull was around five pounds and it was sweet and clean and my Pro 40 was messaged at 4.25 lbs. pull. None of the other markers of fire arms compared. So the follow up 5 second shoot, I was able to release 6 rounds total. Yes I am military trained and was on the Army Marksmen Unit and fire for the U S Army on many competitions. None the less Mark 2 Zone Bersa won out about other weapons I have fired. Mark 3 Zone; Ease of use and cleaning and Warrantee. The Bersa ranked high and so did the Glock and S&W as well as the Springfield and many other markers on ease of use and cleaning. The Bersa blew the other away with their Life Time Warrantee follow through. Covers the weapon no matter who owns the weapon. So there you have it the Bersa 9, 40, and 45 were the Best of the best as far as this Shooter is concerned. Side note: I do love the look of a weapon, and even though the Bersa does have a nice look, I mean it really does, but you may want to after you get one have the Gunsmith clean up the external control access levers and refinish them. A few dollars on cost clean up, as far as I am concerned, is money well spent. There are better looking weapons as far as finishing is concern, Wilson Combat and others do have a better look. Remember that is Looks, operations is another thing.