Thread: Finish wearing off

Finish wearing off

I got my Bersa 40 thunder pro about a month ago and already the finish is peeling off around near where the hammer strikes the slide. It's not readily visible, but should I be worried that I may see the finish peel from other areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mylon View Post
    I got my Bersa 40 thunder pro about a month ago and already the finish is peeling off around near where the hammer strikes the slide. It's not readily visible, but should I be worried that I may see the finish peel from other areas?
    What type cleaner are you using? If your gun is nickle, do not use Hoppe's #9, it will cause it to peal.

Seems like it's a bit late to learn that. I'll have to find another cleaning solution then.

If you need information about your gun, go join up at Bersa Chat, all the info you would need about cleaning, maintaining and using your gun is found there along with some very knowledgeable folks. there are a few nuts there also but they just make it fun.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/content.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mylon View Post
    Seems like it's a bit late to learn that. I'll have to find another cleaning solution then.
    Hoppes makes a cleaning solution that will not harm nickle.

Administrator
    I believe they do. I would check with their latest info on their website. They are aware of the problem and have addressed it. Let us know if we can help.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Hoppes makes a cleaning solution that will not harm nickle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith View Post
    I believe they do. I would check with their latest info on their website. They are aware of the problem and have addressed it. Let us know if we can help.
    Thanks,
    I believe the name of the nickel friendly Hoppe's product is Hoppe's Elite.....

Administrator
    From what I can find that is correct AG. We use a few things in the shop, but not a lot of Hoppe's anymore. If we can be of help, please let us know.
    Thank you,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work