Thread: BERSA SA BP9CC 9mm - Recoil Spring Problem

BERSA SA BP9CC 9mm - Recoil Spring Problem

I just purchased the BERSA SA BP9CC 9mm handgun, and I love this gun. The trigger pull and thin design was better than all the other more expense concealment guns on the market. With its' safety & lite weight, no grit, trigger pull system, I feel very safe carrying this concealed. I think this gun will really hit the "concealment" market, as a awesome "carry concealment weapon".

My only problem that I had was when I was cleaning and field-stripping the gun....

As I was removing the recoil spring so I could remove the barrel for cleaning, the washer that is used to retain the springs came off the recoil spring rod and was very difficult to repair. The recoil spring rod has a split on one end that allows you to force the spring's "retaining washer" on to the end of the rod, locking the spring... but it will not lock the washer on the rod very well and is not a very well design. I worry about this coming off every time I clean and remove the barrel.

A redesign and a replacement of the recoil spring is a must. I'm sure this could be done easily ... Other than this one problem , This is a very well made and a high quality handgun and a great price. . .

Bersa, Please redesign this Recoil Spring.

Jaxpolice
    Jacksonville, FL. USA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bersa1.jpg 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recoil spring.jpg 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BP-CC-9-mat-R-prev.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bersa2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	165
    Last edited by Jaxpolice; 02-22-2012 at 07:54 PM.

First let me say that the recoil spring situation is such a small issue, that I encourage people in the market to consider and purchase this firearm. Run don't walk.. it is that great of a deal. It performs wonderfully, and conceals nicely, and to me, the "feel" (ergo and recoil) is the best I have found in anything this small < $1000.

I would kinda agree that a slight redesign is in order, or maybe some more care with tolerances and metal strength (but I know nothing about manufacturing, so I don't know what is possible). If you note my posting in the other forum I pointed out that the recoil spring is incredibly difficult to reseat, and I showed a slight mashing of one side of it in a photo. I think that some attention paid to it in the next manufactured lot or maybe some small design revisions will solve any problems.

Other posting w/ photos
    http://www.bersa.com/forum/showthrea...ull=1#post3564

Administrator
    This has been discussed, and solutions are being looked at now. If there is an update, we will let you know so we can help anyone having an issue.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

I took apart my BP9cc and now after re-assembly the slide will not come off the gun. The stem for the recoil pin is sticking out of the end. I cannot get the slide to come forward to remove it. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma1 View Post
    I took apart my BP9cc and now after re-assembly the slide will not come off the gun. The stem for the recoil pin is sticking out of the end. I cannot get the slide to come forward to remove it. Any Ideas?
    This happened to me the very first time i cleaned the gun. I found out that I needed the Mag to de-cock the gun and remove the slide. I found that I forgot to remove the mag to reassemble the slide. also the line up lines on the right rear of the gun have to be just right, or it will not work. also check to see that you have the spring assembly dead center on the barrel or the gun frame will catch. after you figure out the way it goes back together it becomes very easy to do...

Is the front barrel lug the same size as the Thunder 40Pro? if so could the guild pin for a 40 be used? Sorry I don't have a 9 or I would know this....lol Just wondering, the 40Pro doesn't have a retension clip to hold the spring onto the guild pin. The 40 front end is like standard slide design S&W, Glock and others.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000099.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000100.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	173

Administrator
    They parts from a BP model should not be interchanged with the U/C models. This could cause very bad things to happen.
    Please let us know if we can help.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work