Thread: lighten trigger pull

lighten trigger pull

Anyone know a reliable gunsmith that can reduce the trigger pull on a Bersa Thunder 380. In SA, it comes out of the box at 5.5 and I'd like to get it down to 4.

Maybe a warranty center can help you. There is a list of them on a sister forum, Bersa Chat.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php

I think the factory specs are 5 to 8 lbs, so I don't know if they'll recommend it. It helped mine to put some KG-10 Dry lube on the sear. I use a doubled pipe cleaner dipped in the KG-10 & slip it down in front of the cocked hammer (empty gun of course), then ride the hammer down as I pull the trigger. My .380 CC is at 3-1/2 & my wife's Thunder .380 is at 4 lbs.

I didn't have a trigger pull guage when they were new, so don't have a comparison. But, I did a before & after test on my Rock Island & it smoothed the trigger out & lowered the pull by 3/4 lb.

Quote Originally Posted by elsol1 View Post
    Anyone know a reliable gunsmith that can reduce the trigger pull on a Bersa Thunder 380. In SA, it comes out of the box at 5.5 and I'd like to get it down to 4.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it.

Administrator
    We have talked to many about this, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to discuss this and see if there is something we might be able to do for you.
    Thank you,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

Administrator
    Mitchr - if you want to let someone know about the warranty centers for Bersa pistols, please, in the future, refer them to this list - http://www.bersa.com/warranty
    The list on BersaChat is, for some reason, incomplete. I am not very happy about this. If you are going to help folks, at least give them all the correct options. Thank you.

Okay.......

Administrator
    Thanks mitchr. I know it is not your fault. I appreciate your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    Mitchr - if you want to let someone know about the warranty centers for Bersa pistols, please, in the future, refer them to this list - http://www.bersa.com/warranty
    The list on BersaChat is, for some reason, incomplete. I am not very happy about this. If you are going to help folks, at least give them all the correct options. Thank you.
    The list has been updated and is hopefully now complete.

Administrator
    Thank you AG! Not quite sure what was going on there, but I have an idea. Thanks again!! We really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    Thank you AG! Not quite sure what was going on there, but I have an idea. Thanks again!! We really appreciate it!
    You're very welcome, BersaSales.

The weight of the trigger pull doesn’t bother as much as the creep and gritty feel. I would like to polish the sliding parts but taking this gun apart scares me. I’ve been using pistols and doing my own work for over forty years. I’m not a gunsmith but I can usually find my way around guns. An exploded view or better yet disassembly directions would be a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1o View Post
    The weight of the trigger pull doesn’t bother as much as the creep and gritty feel. I would like to polish the sliding parts but taking this gun apart scares me. I’ve been using pistols and doing my own work for over forty years. I’m not a gunsmith but I can usually find my way around guns. An exploded view or better yet disassembly directions would be a huge help.
    KG-10 Dry lube should help that, may even improve the trigger pull & no disassembly needed. First, empty gun & check to be sure. Double a pipe cleaner & dip it in the KG-10. Slip it down in front of the cocked hammer, then ease the hammer down on it. This squeezes the lube down on to the sear. Work hammer back & forth a couple of times then let it sit & dry. If you can't find it locally, it can be purchased direct from KG & I get mine from Midway USA. Midway is about the same price & I can usually find something else I want to help spread out the cost of the shipping. Shipping for the KG-10 is pretty $$ if that is all you order.

Something that I haven't tried & you may be able to find locally is Remoil Dry Lube in the spray can. I've read that it isn't as good, so haven't used it, but might be worth a try.

Caution: The KG-10 can be scrubbed off your hands with a brush & a good soap. But, it will not come out of clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1o View Post
    Welcome. Which model do you own, Bob1o?