Thread: magazine hard to load

magazine hard to load

Just bought a new Bersa 380 with a 15/clip, but could only load 12 bullets, simply too hard after that, does it take time to break in a magazine spring or could there be something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dpobasil View Post
    Just bought a new Bersa 380 with a 15/clip, but could only load 12 bullets, simply too hard after that, does it take time to break in a magazine spring or could there be something wrong?
    I don't have the Bersa .380 Plus, but I've read other reports of mgs being hard to load. One thing that is recommended is dissassembly of the mag, clean it real good & check for burrs/obstructions inside the tube with a Qtip. If nothing is found there, could be the spring just needs to "take a set". With use, it should get easier & easier to load. Some just load it up as tight as possible & let it sit for a week or two. A Uplula Jr. loader may be helpful also.

P.S. You might enjoy the sister forum, Bersa Chat. A lot of Bersa owners with lotsa advice. We try to have a little fun also.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php
    Last edited by mitchr; 02-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks, very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    I don't have the Bersa .380 Plus, but I've read other reports of mgs being hard to load. One thing that is recommended is dissassembly of the mag, clean it real good & check for burrs/obstructions inside the tube with a Qtip. If nothing is found there, could be the spring just needs to "take a set". With use, it should get easier & easier to load. Some just load it up as tight as possible & let it sit for a week or two. A Uplula Jr. loader may be helpful also.

P.S. You might enjoy the sister forum, Bersa Chat. A lot of Bersa owners with lotsa advice. We try to have a little fun also.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php
    thanks, very helpful

I had the same thing with all three of my 15 rounders trying to load them by hand but since I already had an UPLULA I used that and had no problems, not entirely sure if the UPLULA jr. will work on the double stack mags for the Plus but I know for certain my regular one does the job

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmike60 View Post
    I had the same thing with all three of my 15 rounders trying to load them by hand but since I already had an UPLULA I used that and had no problems, not entirely sure if the UPLULA jr. will work on the double stack mags for the Plus but I know for certain my regular one does the job
    Welcome, sgtmike60. Most who own the UPLULA loaders sing their praises. Thank you for the recommendation.

You need the loaded my 9mm UC was a bear to load the 10 thru 13 round get a loader and lets the mags sit loaded It won't hurt them .

http://condorsflight.com has the loaders. good fast service.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

It happens in both smaller and larger magazines. That spring inside the magazine gets really tight towards the end of its travel.
    Use a loading assistance device to fully load the magazines, otherwise just load what you can by bare hand.
    In my standard 7 round magazines I routinely load only 5 rounds if I don't have some kind of assist device, for example the last time I was at the range and forgot to bring the loader.
    It's kind of a compromise situation. They could have a wimpy spring in there and have more "Failure to feed" problems when the magazine is mostly empty, or they can have a strong spring that makes it hard to load those last few rounds but keep the gun more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    You need the loaded my 9mm UC was a bear to load the 10 thru 13 round get a loader and lets the mags sit loaded It won't hurt them .

http://condorsflight.com has the loaders. good fast service.
    +1. Loaders for all calibers of magazines save your fingers, your skin and enable you to load the magazine to its full capacity. They are not expensive, I've even bought extra over the years for family and friends.