Thread: Bersa Thunder 7rd mags and Bersa Thunder CC 8rd mags not compatable?

Bersa Thunder 7rd mags and Bersa Thunder CC 8rd mags not compatable?

I read that the Thunder CC 8rd magazines aren't compatable with other Thunder models, and vice-versa. The spare 8rd mag I bought for my wife's new CC was labeled "works in CC model only" However, I've been swapping magazines between my Thunder and the CC all morning. Is there really supposed to be an incompatability?

They will interchange , but their appears to be a relieability problem. When switching mags. So on bersachat we say use the correct mag for you pistol for carry . If you want to use other at range, thats fine. I have 2 cc mags and 2 extra thunder mags . But I only carry the Thunder mags when I conceal carry my Thunder.

Make sure you come visit and join http://bersachat.com Lot going on and with 10 posts and the magic word 10% discount at http://condorsflight.com The 3 rd member of the Bersa internet family
    Last edited by michael t; 02-20-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Administrator
    The difference is a very slight change in the feed lip angles between the two. Some will feed with no problems, while others will not. Hence the suggestion of using the magazine designed for the model you are carrying. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

Quote Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
    I read that the Thunder CC 8rd magazines aren't compatable with other Thunder models, and vice-versa. The spare 8rd mag I bought for my wife's new CC was labeled "works in CC model only" However, I've been swapping magazines between my Thunder and the CC all morning. Is there really supposed to be an incompatability?
    It is hit and miss. They work for some and not for others. If they work for you, then I recommend only using them for target practice and using the recommended magazine if you plan to use the pistol for self or home defense. Good luck to you.

Administrator
    If yours runs conistantly with either magazine, feel free to use them as you desire. But for personal protection, I would make sure it runs well with them first.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work