Thread: 380CC Sights are off. Whats acceptable?

Question 380CC Sights are off. Whats acceptable?

Got the Safety/Decocker working smoothly, and this thing eats Federal Champion, Remington UMC, Fiocchi, & Corbon DPX with no issues at all. But....... all groups are 4" low and 2" left at 7 yds. I don't think its me, with my 9mm XDm all groups are dead on the bull within a 4" circle during same practice session. Is this acceptable for a Thunder 380CC, or do I have a problem child in need of special attention?

Hello, Jimmysoul. Bersa pistols use a dead on sight picture. Your front sight should be covering your target. This should take care of the horizontal issue. If you join us at www.bersachat.com, there is a shooting aid posted in the FAQ forum that is designed to help the shooter improve his or her aim by offering suggestions for corrections based on shot placement on the target. Good luck to you, and again, please join us at www.bersachat.com.

I also invite you to join us at Bersa Chat. I've seen reports by experienced shooters who say the Bersa trigger sits just a little forward & at a different angle than their other pistols & takes some "getting used to". I don't have the XD, so I don't know if this applies to your case.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    I also invite you to join us at Bersa Chat. I've seen reports by experienced shooters who say the Bersa trigger sits just a little forward & at a different angle than their other pistols & takes some "getting used to". I don't have the XD, so I don't know if this applies to your case.
    Thanks, Mitchr, I'll keep practicing and try to see what happens from a rest. Hope it's just me, but sighting with a rest should confirm whether I have a problem in need of warranty attention. I'll get over to Bersachat and check out the FAQs as recommended by Americangirl01 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    Hello, Jimmysoul. Bersa pistols use a dead on sight picture. Your front sight should be covering your target. This should take care of the horizontal issue. If you join us at www.bersachat.com, there is a shooting aid posted in the FAQ forum that is designed to help the shooter improve his or her aim by offering suggestions for corrections based on shot placement on the target. Good luck to you, and again, please join us at www.bersachat.com.
    Hey Americangirl01, took your advice and took a look at the shooting aid you recommended over in the FAQS at Bersachat. You were right, I went back to the range today with a rest, and my BT380CC shot tight groups at 7 yds. Then from a standing position, I made the changes according to the shooting aid and shot good groups as well. 200 rounds through it today with no issues at all. Great little CCW! It was me after all. Thanks.

Administrator
    These little pistols usually shoot very good groups indeed. Should you ever need any assistance with any warranty issue, or any other issue for that matter, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysoul View Post
    Hey Americangirl01, took your advice and took a look at the shooting aid you recommended over in the FAQS at Bersachat. You were right, I went back to the range today with a rest, and my BT380CC shot tight groups at 7 yds. Then from a standing position, I made the changes according to the shooting aid and shot good groups as well. 200 rounds through it today with no issues at all. Great little CCW! It was me after all. Thanks.
    Very good. Thank you for the update, Jimmysoul. I hope the pistol continues to serve you well.

Administrator
    Yeah American Girl. She has always been very helpful.
    Thanks AG,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work