Thread: Bersa Thunder 380 Magazine plate

Banned

Bersa Thunder 380 Magazine plate

I hate the pinky rest plastic garbage bottom plate on my Bersa 380 Thunder Duo-Tone.
    Why don't they sell the flat metal plate for the 7 rnd mags here....?
    It's enough to keep me from referring others to buy their gun,,,I mean really,,is that asking too much...?,an option I can pay for....!.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bersa 380 Mag Crap.JPG  

Banned

Trigger linkage fail

Another BIG Fail in the Thunder 380 is the pathetically weak linkage for the trigger-hammer group.

I had to take mine to a gun smith and have if polished and reset after the double action failed to work.
    There are a couple of videos on You Tube of people having the same problem.

The gun fires well- feeds and ejects with no malfunction, but the magazine out safety and soft metal linkage parts (probably not heat treated) will fail under stress.
    Why does Bersa have to cost cut right down to the penny with sub-standard materials..?,,don't they know that people want reliability and will pay a little extra to have it....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdOvMQboWyY

Banned
    Well, I found a steel bottom plate for the Bersa 380 7 rnd mag. It's on the ProMag Mag 380ACP 7Rd Blue Bersa,,, I ordered it from teambigshot.com....

http://www.teambigshot.com/promag-38...1-p-23591.html

I read that the steel plate is popular but the ProMag uses an inferior spring and there are lots of complaints about it not feeding.
    Hopefully the ProMag base will be an easy fit on the Bersa Magazine. The factory pinky rest does not even conform to the bottom of the gun, it just screws up the conceal carry aspect.

What a shame that Bersa only offers the cheap plastic mag base piece for the Thunder 380 and not an all steel one,,sign of the times I guess. Squeeze the highest profit out of everything and let dummies run your marketing and sales departments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ProMag Bersa 380 7 rnd.jpg  

I have carried my 380 Thunder for several years That finger rest has never once bothered me or hindered the concealment I had flat bottom on my old PPK/S and finger rest It came with both . After shooting I went back to finger rest.

Whats a shame is people like you buy a Bersa . Then join here . You have in 3 posts. Done nothing but bitch about the Bersa. Their are 1000's of happy owners
    Sorry you aren't one. Might consider trading . Their are many different brands out their.
    Last edited by michael t; 01-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home