Thread: thunder 380 mag

thunder 380 mag

i just wanted to know if anyone has tried the pro mag for the thunder 380. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
    i just wanted to know if anyone has tried the pro mag for the thunder 380. thanks
    Hello, johnnymac and welcome. I've not tried them myself, but have read many reports from members who have. They seem to be hit or miss, which is to say that they either work or have feeding issues. If you do end up with one (or more), it is highly recommended that you use a factory magazine for self defense or home defense purposes.

Thanks, I just ordered one from Cabelas. I'll let you know how it is.

USE Factory mags In the 7 years I have been doing Bersa boards. Pro mags have shown to be not very good quality and most haven't proved relieable in Bersa . Factory mags best way to go.

Buy here http://condorsflight.com fast service and real Bersa mags.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

it was free, so I'll give it a shot

Free is good. If it don't work, nothing lost & maybe you'll be one of the few lucky ones that did get one to work.

I tried out my new pro mag magazine for my thunder 380. The only issue I have with it, is that you have to depress the magazine latch to load the mag. The factory one you dont. The instructor said that should be my range mag.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
    I tried out my new pro mag magazine for my thunder 380. The only issue I have with it, is that you have to depress the magazine latch to load the mag. The factory one you dont. The instructor said that should be my range mag.
    I have two ProMags and two factory mags. The P-mags work for me as you described yours do for you. I use them for the range only and they're fine for that. As I keep my .380 fully loaded at all times, I have to have at least two factory mags. Every month I change out the factory mags to give the springs a chance to be in the uncompressed state. I don't believe a constantly, fully loaded, mag won't lead to spring fatigue. Eventually, I expect an issue will appear at the range and I will have to mark a factory mag as "range only" and replace it. I'm curious as to when that will be. RJ

The instructor last saturday at the range told me he called the company that makes the springs, that the more you load/unload your mag., your spring will not last as long. Take it for what it is.

Spring ware out from being compressed and uncompressed not compressed. (that from wolff spring company) Who by way will not make springs for Bersa I have talked with them a couple times and I won't repeat what he said about Bersa. I also no longer buy from them .
    If you wear out Bersa springs can order new ones from Eagle. I know one member on my board went 6000 rounds . Then decided pistol might need a new spring. I bought a couple Thunder mag springs in 2004 Their still in my parts never used them yet.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

Where do you get hammer springs etc. I have always got them from Wolff. (PMK380, S&W, Rossi & Taurus) I have clipped hammer springs to reduce trigger pull, but really prefer to use a weaker spring. BTW this Bersa 380 is a whole bunch like my PMK380. Break down, firing pin safety, & slide spring are almost identical in construction. Replaced PMK380's hammer spring with wolff spring and made it alot easier to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by j_gundel View Post
    Where do you get hammer springs etc. I have always got them from Wolff. (PMK380, S&W, Rossi & Taurus) I have clipped hammer springs to reduce trigger pull, but really prefer to use a weaker spring. BTW this Bersa 380 is a whole bunch like my PMK380. Break down, firing pin safety, & slide spring are almost identical in construction. Replaced PMK380's hammer spring with wolff spring and made it alot easier to shoot.
    Parts should be available from Eagle Import, but they'll be genuine Bersa parts & only on spring weight available. After market manufacturers haven't started making stuf for them except mags from ProMag & they mostly don't work.

Administrator
    Stand by, there are springs that will be available.
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

If you just want the standard 7 shot mag factory made, try Academy sports. I bought one last week from them for $17.

I just realized I have the ProMags not the factory made magazines. Just my luck. I have two of them. So Academy does not sell the factory ones.

Factory mags come in a Bersa blister package. The mag its self will have stamped on mag body BERSA (the caliber)INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA.

Buy at http://bersa.com or if a member of http://bersachat.com with over 10 posts you can buy a http://condorsflight.com with a discount usng member only pass word.

I purchased a Promag Mag for a Hi-Point. Thing cost almost 50 bucks. It would run thru the entire mag with no malfunctions. Only issue was on last round would not lock open. Promag has been a loser in my book for many of my weapons. (Esp my 1911 mags.) Buy factory mags and leave the aftermarket crap for the mall ninjas.

Condors Flight price for factory mags are $13 less than Cabelas. $32 each as compared to $45.