Thread: trigger pull on bersa 380 thunder

trigger pull on bersa 380 thunder

is it possible to lighten the trigger pull on bersa 380 thunder. called one smith who said it can't be done. another smith said between $40-$60. what is the correct answer?

Welcome. What does your trigger measure? If it's within specs or 5-7 lbs SA & 8 to 13 lbs DA, probably not much can be done other than proper lube & continued use. You could try some KG-10 Dry Lube on the sear. Double a pipe cleaner, dip it in the KG-10 & slip it down in front of the cocked hammer (unloaded pistol of course) then ride the hammer down, squeezing the KG-10 onto the sear.

I have used it on all my pistols & just did a test on a new Rock Island 1911. I'd put 130 rounds thru it, cleaning it twice & spraying Rem Oil Dry Lube down onto the sear. This smoothed the grittiness out of the trigger, but only improved the trigger pull from 5-1/4 lbs to 5 lbs. When I cleaned it this last time, I used KG-10, dry fired a few times & trigger pull is down to 41/4 lbs.! Also, I suggest you join us at Bersa Chat. I don't recall anyone having it done, but a lot of Bersa owners over they & someone may have tried it.

http://www.bersachat.com/

My wife has a Thunder 380 with 4 lb. pull for SA & 9-1/2 lb. pull for DA, which are at or below minimum advertised weights. I didn't have my trigger pull gauge at the time, so I don't know what it was before.

None of the gun stores around me handle it, so I get mine from Midways USA. You may find it locally. One caution, the stuff goes on black & while it will wash off your hands, it will NOT wash out of your clothes.

appreciation

i want to thank you guys for your prompt replies and helpful information. You don't know how nice it is to get a straight answer.

Come join sister board we give a lot of straight answers and more sometimes.

http://bersachat.com
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home