Thread: blueing

blueing

Is it common that the bluing on the slide should wear quickly? Ive shot approx. 400 rds and the slide edges and a few spots on the flat are starting to shine and show silver.

viper125 it could be alot of things contributing to premature wear your holster probably the biggest culprit being leather a tight fit in humid weather or just could be a bad matte finish to start with

Well there is no wear from holster its a new gun. Guy kept it oiled and in box. It's just the rails that the slide runs. Thinking bad blue job.

If just on the rails, not unusual. Part of the break in is for parts to 'mate' & that would be particularly so of the rails. What you need to look out for would be any deep gouging. One reason I like Finish Line Dry Lube is that it seems to put more of a barrier on the rails & pistols that I broke in with Finish Line have less of the finish worn off. Other folks prefer grease to oil for the same reason.

I suggest you join us at Bersa Chat & post some pictures in the "Cleaning & Maintenance" sub forum. A lot of knowledgeable Bersa owners & some will maybe have other thoughts on it.

http://www.bersachat.com/
    Last edited by mitchr; 09-24-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks and I am on Bersa Chat also. Will try to post photos.