Thread: Questions from a newbie

Questions from a newbie

Hi Later this month I will be buying a Bersa as my carry weapon.I am still undecided on which 9MM one I want, either the Thunder 9 UC pro, the Thunder HC 9 or the BP conceal carry. The thing is I want the most ammo i can use in a magazine so my question is will the BERSA THUNDER 9 MATTE 17 ROUND MAGAZINE work on the Thunder 9 UC and the BPCC? will the Thunder HC 9 make a good conceal carry gun? any help would be most appreciated, thank you in advance

The 17 round HC mag will work on the UC pistol, but will extend below the grip about 1". It will not fit the BPCC because that is a single stack 9mm so the grip will not be large enough to accept the double stack mags.

The HC 9mm Has a height of 5.5" compared to 4.76" on the UC 9. That is usually the dimension that affects concealability & will depend on how you dress. I carry OWB & wear really loose, untucked shirts in the summer, so have no problem concealing the HC. The HC is only 3.2 ozs. heavier empty, but with 17 rds. vs 13 rds, loaded weight might make some difference. I feel that either one must be carried in a proper holster & most importantly, require a good gun belt to be carried comfortably.

I believe the feel/balance of a pistol in your hand can be more important than weight/size. It would be best if you were able to check them both out before deciding. The UC has finger grooves in the grip & the HC doesn't. So, even though the grips are relatively the same size, they have a very different feel to them & if the finger grooves are not the proper size for your hands, they could be a problem. Then, there's the difference in the length that will affect balance. In my case, I enjoy shooting the HC, but the UC just seems to have a more natural feel/balance to me.

Here's a link to a sister Bersa forum where you'll find a lot of 9mm owners willing to help you with your questions.

http://www.bersachat.com/
    Last edited by mitchr; 09-13-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Carry with the 13 rounfd and if feel need have the 17 as a 2nd mag I like the HC my self. Of course haven saw or handled the new one .

If your 13+1 didn't get you out of trouble . You in deep you know what ,or your worlds worst shot. Average SD shooting 3 rounds Remember that average. But even then 8 should do trick. Your not a cop or a solider . Your a citizen you don't get paid to storm buildings or get in to long drawn out gunfights.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

ty for your replies guys, I guess 13 rounds should be enough even tho I still think more of a good thing can't be all bad. Later this month I'll be going to the Gun show here in Las Vegas and I'll be able to handle any Bersa guns I can find there, I am leaning toward the Thunder 9 UC at this point so we'll see what happens, once more thank you.

I own the thunder 9mm pro uc. I have 2 10 rd clips. If I would get in a fire fight no way would I get 20 shots. I went with the uc from A EAA 40 cal. which was impossible to hide with the full frame. even with a belt it would weigh you down. This is a delight to carry and shoot. Also the high side of the 9 just about the same as a regular 40 round. Try th fit but the Uc fells great for me.