Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa thunder UC9 pro magazine

Bersa thunder UC9 pro magazine

I need to know if anybody else has the same situation that I do. I bought a Bersa thunder UC9 pro. It came with 2 13 round mags. I have a couple hundred rounds through it. It shoots fine, very accurate. My question is: When I load the mags with all 13 rounds, it rattles. Not a major problem, but it annoys me. I sent a message to Bersa, with no response in almost 2 weeks, so I thought I would see if anybody else has this too. This is only with all 13 rounds loaded.

Hello Crawel, sorry for the delay to reply. Do not worry about it, it happens for a combination of positions of rounds, elevator and magazine body, some round is not being pulled by the spring and it remains "floating" but in right position, it happens with the full sized 9mm too.
    This does not affect the reliability of the magazine, and you can use it without problems.
    Keep enjoying your UC9PRO and thank you.
    Leandro

This not on common in all brands that have hi cap mags I have saw reports of the rattle in many brands.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

I've found that by pushing down on the top round of a fully loaded magazine for a couple of seconds will sometimes stop the rattle. Don't know why but it seems to work... sometimes.

Also, hitting the base with the palm of your hand will help sometimes...
    "R E M E M B E R T H E A L A M O"

I've had the same problem since I bought mine. I bang it, smack it, slap it around and it drives me crazy. I figure 13 is an unlucky number so I load em with 12 and I've don't have a rattle. Of course I carry with one in the chamber so I guess maybe I'm tempting fate with 13.... but at least it don't rattle.

http://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account
    Mine rattles with 11 or 13 rounds. I just smack the bottom of it.

I just got home from the tattoo place. Had "gullible" put on my forehead. I've been beating the you know what out of my mag and it still rattles with 13 rounds loaded. I guess I got my answer. I just carry 12. Thanks for the replies.

Stupid question. I've never seen a Bersa Thunder 9mm is it the same size as the Thunder .380?

Quote Originally Posted by cli60 View Post
    Stupid question. I've never seen a Bersa Thunder 9mm is it the same size as the Thunder .380?
    Never a stupid question. We all started at zero. Their 9mm pistols are larger than the 380. Thunder is the "roll mark" for their complete line of pistols. Also had the "Firestorm" which they have quit importing to the States or, maybe quit making altogether, not sure. They make (2) 9mm pistols. The Ultra Compact (UC) 13+1 capacity & the High Capacity (HC) 17+1 capacity. The UC 9 is only slightly larger than the 380 with the biggest difference being the thickness of the grips (double stacked magazine) & the weight. The HC 9 is considerably larger.

P.S. Also make the BP9, but not in the states yet.

mitchr: I have a Firestorm .22 that was test fired at the factory on 19 JAN 2010. If they have stopped making or importing them, it was since then.

Sorry U8pilot, I didn't make myself clear. I knew they were still importing the small calibers under the Firestorm name. It is the Mini 9, Mini 40 & Mini 45 that is no longing being brought in. However, this is a recent change, so may still run across a new one. And like I said, I don't know if they actually quit making them, or just stopped bringing them into the U.S.

If I understand correctly, the Firestorms are only sold in the USA, so apparently the company that owns the Firestorm brand (the same company that owns Eagle Imports, RSA Enterprises) has cancelled their contract with Bersa to make the Mini 9, 40, and 45's.
    p-t-max

"Against stupidity the gods themselves strive in vain."~von Schiller

My 9mm 10-round mags rattle with 10 or 8 rounds in them. They're the ones that came new with the gun. They both have the same problem, and no amount of tapping cures it. This is just unacceptable. The rattle could give away my position in a real-world hostile situation. Sure, I could just carry 9 rounds, but I shouldn't have to. And what about after I've fired a round? I've been generally pleased with my Bersa, but I need to resolve this problem.

The rattle could give away my position in a real-world hostile situation.
    Come on if you in that kind of fight , you ain't going to hear the rattle of a mag. Your in a way over you head and need a rifle not a pistol . Besides every body hearing going to be messed up. If theirs that much shooting .
    That is unless you walk around with ear plugs all the time. In most shooting you less than 10' and only a couple shots fired. No one going to notice a rattle mag. Like I said I have read of other Hicap mags rattling . Not just the Bersa. I had a 9mmUC and I never once noticed it having a rattle in the mags.
    People you carry a pistol for Self Defense . Please don't let your mind wander to the "what if" zone. Of unrealistic types of self defense shootings .
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

To me, a little rattle as well as the squeak of leather is kinda comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by BERSA Factory View Post
    Hello Crawel, sorry for the delay to reply. Do not worry about it, it happens for a combination of positions of rounds, elevator and magazine body, some round is not being pulled by the spring and it remains "floating" but in right position, it happens with the full sized 9mm too.
    This does not affect the reliability of the magazine, and you can use it without problems.
    Keep enjoying your UC9PRO and thank you.
    Leandro
    As a police officer who bought this gun for off duty carry, it concerns me that you feel this is not a big issue. Both of my 13rd magazines rattle with anything more than 9rds loaded. It rattles with every step I take. Unfortunately it is now a paperweight in my safe and I carry my full size duty glock with me. My Bersa would be a great firearm if it were not for the rattle. I have had several officers ask me about the Bersa when I had it at the range. When I show then the rattle they are quickly unimpressed. I have spoken with several officers who stated they were looking at it for off duty as well until they found out about the rattle. I wish Bersa would do something about the issue since many customers seem to have a rattle and as stated above it has already cost them some sales. I dont think it is acceptable to dismiss the issue as common. What about quality?

This is not a bash on Bersa....Just the rattling issue.

With my UC9 Pro magazines, - I load with 13 rds, then I slap the back of the mag on a flat hard surface, and then same with bottom of mag. Seems to get everything seated right, no rattles. When I 1st got gun, I cleaned the mags inside and out, dry lubed inside and spring. Hope this helps..

Have four 13 round mags for my UC 9 Pro and no matter how I load em' I've never heard a rattle......

Mine rattles with unless 5 or few rounds. I notice it. no one else seems to. Love the pistols so much I now have in 45, 9mm, 380, and 22 caliber>>>> Just looking for the 40 to complete the set.