Thread: 380 CC mag problem

380 CC mag problem

I bought an extra mag when I recently purchased my .380 CC. Today i discovered that one of the 2 mags , when inserted into the handle, would not release the slide, it also had the slide release jammed ,so you couldnt manually release the slide. If you dropped the mag out thanyou could release the slide. the other mag worked fine. This is all after shooting a couple hundred rounds using both mags. i visually inspected & compared the 2 mags & couldnt see the problem. BTW.. these are both 8 round CC mags.
    So i went to the shop where i bought it, Blackwoods Gun Shop, where Jeff discovered the same puzzleing problem. He exchanged the bad mag for a new one . This is a great shop, Im glad to have them close by.

I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of, stepside454. IMO, one of the best reasons to deal with a LGS as opposed to a box store is for the benefit of service after the sale.

Please name recommended ammo manufacture for thunder .380

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnygunner View Post
    Most report good luck with Remington UMC & MagTech. Main thing is don't stock up real heavy on any one brand until you are sure it will cycle. Two brands which get the most complaints are Winchester White Box & Sellior&Belliot (S&B).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnygunner View Post
    Hello Johnnygunner and welcome. You should avoid shooting steel cased ammo in your Bersa pistol. Good quality, preferably round nosed, brass cased ammo for target shooting. The brands that I have used successfully are Remington UMC, Magtech FMC, American Eagle, CCI brass and aluminum and I have not had any problems with Winchester White box, although as pointed out by mitchr, some have reported issues with the WWB, especially when new.

I use Corbon DPX for my SD loads.