Thread: trigger pull weight question

trigger pull weight question

I did a quick search for this topic and didn't really turn up anything concrete. I'm looking for actual numbers for trigger pull weight of the 380 BT's. Here's the scenario, I have an Ruger LCP pistol and a 327 fed Mag revolver. My wife loves to shoot but she's only 5-3 and 123lbs. She does well with the LCP but the pistol is a little small for target shooting..the revolver isn't a consideration she just can't seem to pull the trigger with enough confidence. So I'm looking at picking up the BT-380 in a nice feminine look (probably the breast cancer awareness version) but I would like to know what the poundage is for the trigger pull so I can compare apples to apples. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kc8jvh View Post
    I did a quick search for this topic and didn't really turn up anything concrete. I'm looking for actual numbers for trigger pull weight of the 380 BT's. Here's the scenario, I have an Ruger LCP pistol and a 327 fed Mag revolver. My wife loves to shoot but she's only 5-3 and 123lbs. She does well with the LCP but the pistol is a little small for target shooting..the revolver isn't a consideration she just can't seem to pull the trigger with enough confidence. So I'm looking at picking up the BT-380 in a nice feminine look (probably the breast cancer awareness version) but I would like to know what the poundage is for the trigger pull so I can compare apples to apples. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Hello, kc8jvh and welcome. The specs listed for the standard Thunder .380 are I believe, 5-7 lbs SA and 8-13 lbs DA. On the other forum (www.bersachat.com), one of the members recently posted the averages of 5 trigger pulls on two of his .380s. Both SA trigger pulls were over 4 lbs, but not over 4.5, and both DA pull averages were in the 8lb range, one was low 8, the other was around 8.5...

I carry a BT380 every day. I've had it about 4.5 years and never had any problems with it.

I measured 5 lb., 10-11 oz. consistantly with my BT22; same basic gun/mechanism on SA. I did not measure DA. This was with about 1,000 rounds on the weapon.

Jack

A whole lot less than a PPK/S PPK or a SIG
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

well that sounds like a plus.

The ruger is somewhere close to 5.6 or 6 but only DA no SA the trigger pull is a little long for my tastes but for what I use it for it's just fine. Now...are the single stag mag pistols from Bersa thinner in the handle than the double stack mags? keeping in mind the .380 models.

Quote Originally Posted by kc8jvh View Post
    The ruger is somewhere close to 5.6 or 6 but only DA no SA the trigger pull is a little long for my tastes but for what I use it for it's just fine. Now...are the single stag mag pistols from Bersa thinner in the handle than the double stack mags? keeping in mind the .380 models.
    Yes, they are thinner. If you go here http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show.../6856-380-Plus, post #12 will give you comparison photos. You are more than welcome to sign up there as well. There are a good deal of Bersa savvy members with lots of good information. www.bersachat.com