Thread: Rear Sight Laser for Thunder 9

Rear Sight Laser for Thunder 9

Does anybody know if there is a rear sight laser that will fit a HC thunder 9? I have heard that the sight is similar to a Sig sight, and that Sig sight is interchangeable. Anybody know if that is true?

Depending on you serial number The sig sights will interchange

Got to http://bersachat.com I have posted their in FAQ.

Here is info

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Bersa is now making all Thunder 9, 40, and 45's with dovetail rear and front sights fully compatable with the SIG 220/226 starting these serial numbers:

Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
    Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
    Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

Unfortunately, anything older than the above numbers will not take after market sights.
    Last edited by michael t; 05-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

As a supplement to my post of 5/16/2011, I purchased a Laserlyte RL XD to try it on my new Bersa HC duotone 9mm, serial B68xxx. I drove the existing rear sight out with a brass punch and a small hammer. I found that the depth of the dovetail on the slde made it impossible to mount the Laserlyte without some grinding on the top of the slide. I took out my Dremel tool, and within about 10 minutes, I flattened the rounded top of the slide by about .0025 of an inch. The Laserlyte then fit the slide perfectly. I drove the new Laserlyte onto the slide using the brass punch and the small hammer. The fit is perfect and it looks like a professional job. The new laser will be a great help if I need to use this pistol at night as my eyes are not as sharp as they were 66 years ago. I prefer the laser to the standard night sight since the target acquisition is easier and much quicker.
    Last edited by roadhog; 05-18-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: CORRECTION

Quote Originally Posted by roadhog View Post
    As a supplement to my post of 5/16/2011, I purchased a Laserlyte RL XD to try it on my new Bersa HC duotone 9mm, serial B68xxx. I drove the existing rear sight out with a brass punch and a small hammer. I found that the depth of the dovetail on the slde made it impossible to mount the Laserlyte without some grinding on the top of the slide. I took out my Dremel tool, and within about 10 minutes, I flattened the rounded top of the slide by about .0025 of an inch. The Laserlyte then fit the slide perfectly. I drove the new Laserlyte onto the slide using the brass punch and the small hammer. The fit is perfect and it looks like a professional job. The new laser will be a great help if I need to use this pistol at night as my eyes are not as sharp as they were 66 years ago. I prefer the laser to the standard night sight since the target acquisition is easier and much quicker.
    I'm glad you were able to get it solved and get the sight that you wanted....The T9HCs are great pistols. Mine is a tack driver, so I can imagine that yours will be as well.....