Thread: problem on new thunder 40pro

Unhappy problem on new thunder 40pro

problem with my thunder 40pro is failure to feed. it jams on the way up to the ramp. ammo always caught up on the thinnest part of the ramp... can anyone help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    problem with my thunder 40pro is failure to feed. it jams on the way up to the ramp. ammo always caught up on the thinnest part of the ramp... can anyone help...
    Hello, Jaxxx and welcome. Have you tried more than one brand of ammunition?

Quote Originally Posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    Hello, Jaxxx and welcome. Have you tried more than one brand of ammunition?
    fmj works fine, but when i tried hollow point and reloaded teflon ammo, it always caught up on the way up to the ramp. is there any solution to this type of problem without taking it to a gunsmith or back to d dealer? i am a bit worried cause i also use it for home defence but i cant use hollow point ammo.

Generally after 200 to 300 rounds of FMJ (to break the pistol in), you should be able to shoot hollow point ammunition. If you have gone beyond that and are unable to shoot hollow points, then I would consider taking the pistol in for service. If the pistol is brand new and has not been broken in, then you may want to simply put a few more rounds down range and give the hollow points another try.

If at all possible, brass or aluminum cased ammo is the best to use for break in. You should avoid steel cased ammo. I have no experience with the teflon ammo, but if it does not feed properly then I would recommend putting it aside and trying it again later. Good luck to you. I hope this helps.

i only fired 100 rounds of FMJ, maybe thats why im having problem feeding hollow points. i tried firing teflon coated yesterday, i had a few ftf. thanks for the advice, hope firing another few hundred rounds of FMJ could fix my problem.. thank you for d help...

Hello. New to the post and to Bersas. I also have a Thunder 40 Pro (full size) and I went to the range today. Fired 150 range rounds (flat tip) out of it. I first went through a 50ct box of MagTech with no problems. Then went to two 50ct boxes of PMC, and had a failure to feed on the 8-9th round in each clip. Fired ten MagTech hollow-points with no problems. I feel it is the brand of ammo used, and not my grip, as some have said--also, my buffer spring is installed correctly (small end towards the breach.) If it had been my grip, it wouldn't have failed to feed on the same round every clip. After the feed failures, I simply hit the slide release and it fed another round into the chamber, and fed to the end. All were brass casings, and I shot the hollow points last, so it may just need more breaking in to use the cheaper ammo.
    Last edited by nechtmanr; 06-28-2012 at 04:29 PM.