Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Thunder 9 High Capacity

Administrator

Bersa Thunder 9 High Capacity

Great shots of the BT9HC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bersa0194..jpg   bersa0114..jpg   Thunder9Pro 012bj&#.jpg   Thunder9Pro 050..jpg   bersa0230..jpg  

Administrator
    A couple of more shots....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bersa0178..jpg   bersa0193..jpg  

Those are awesome pictures, Bersa. Thank you for sharing.
    I have an older model Thunder 9 High Capacity (pre-Pro) and it is the most accurate pistol that I own. I have let beginners shoot it, and you would never know they have little or no pistol experience. The T9HCs are incredible pistols and I would recommend them to anyone shopping for a full size 9MM pistol.

Banned
    Great shoots and adventure, thank you for posting this picture, it was so nice and it was so exciting to try this. I hope, I had a chance to try this.
    Last edited by Americangirl01; 11-30-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Removed Spam

Hi, I'm new here and I just purchased a (pre-pro) Thunder 9 HC a few hours ago. Thanks for the reassurance. I have long thought of this pistol to replace my Browning HP which, is going to be just kept in my collection. It has served me well and had so much fun with it. Having missed out on the Walther P88, the BT9 has appealed so much to me since it has the silouette of the P88 and the similarity to the much revered BHP. Having acquired a thunder 380 for ccw last year, I was impressed for Bersa's build quality, reliability and affordability. That got me curious and led me to read and know as much as I can about the Bersa lineup. I was actually going for the S&W .40 Bersa Thunder HC but it seems that they all had the rails which I didn't like as I never used lights and lasers for ccw. I really like the carry cuts and slimmer dimensions of non-railed pistols like the BHP and P88 and settled for the 9mm Thunder (pre-pro) iteration. I am confident that I will really enjoy this pistol and I am excited to receive it as soon as the papers are done and my unit delivered. More to come.

Incidentally, did Bersa come out with a pre-pro version of the S&W 40 Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and I just purchased a (pre-pro) Thunder 9 HC a few hours ago. Thanks for the reassurance. I have long thought of this pistol to replace my Browning HP which, is going to be just kept in my collection. It has served me well and had so much fun with it. Having missed out on the Walther P88, the BT9 has appealed so much to me since it has the silouette of the P88 and the similarity to the much revered BHP. Having acquired a thunder 380 for ccw last year, I was impressed for Bersa's build quality, reliability and affordability. That got me curious and led me to read and know as much as I can about the Bersa lineup. I was actually going for the S&W .40 Bersa Thunder HC but it seems that they all had the rails which I didn't like as I never used lights and lasers for ccw. I really like the carry cuts and slimmer dimensions of non-railed pistols like the BHP and P88 and settled for the 9mm Thunder (pre-pro) iteration. I am confident that I will really enjoy this pistol and I am excited to receive it as soon as the papers are done and my unit delivered. More to come.

May be hard to find, but there are Firestorm Mini .40S&Ws out there. The Firestorm is the same pistol with a few cosmetic differences. It was my first Bersa & my primary carry until I started adding other Bersas. They stopped importing Firestorms, except for .22LR & .380, about the time they introduced the pro. I don't know if they made a Hi Capacity Firestorm. I imagine they did import a pre Pro Thunder .40S&W, but have not seen one.
    Last edited by mitchr; 07-14-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
    Hello, Murdoch and welcome. Congratulations. My T9HC pistol is the best shooter that I own. Bersa did make a Pre-Pro version of the Thunder .40 HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    Hello, Murdoch and welcome. Congratulations. My T9HC pistol is the best shooter that I own. Bersa did make a Pre-Pro version of the Thunder .40 HC.
    Oh gee. Unfortunately, the dealers only had the BT.40UC and Pro versions here. Must be a hard to find model for the Pre-Pro .40HC's. Anyway, is there any advise on how I should break-in the pistol when I get it? Also, are there any caveats or special attention with this pistol?

Clean it real real good Get all the shipping gunk off and inside mags clean also. (make sure mag springs go back in correct way) shoot ball for a 100 or so rounds then start with you choice of HP Many of us carry the Corbon DPX in out 380 ,9mm and 45 .
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Clean it real real good Get all the shipping gunk off and inside mags clean also. (make sure mag springs go back in correct way) shoot ball for a 100 or so rounds then start with you choice of HP Many of us carry the Corbon DPX in out 380 ,9mm and 45 .
    Thank you for the advise. Yup, I won't forget to do that as i'm a bit o.c. with gunkeeping. Did that with the BT380 I got and the gunk was quite considerable. I was thinking about the DPX for the T9 or the Hydra-Shok which are the carry rounds for my 1911. Very reliable ammo. But will see after a hundred or 2 of Armscor 9mm FMJ's to break it in.

I'm just excited as I'm beginning to train as novice in IDPA events and I hope the T9 will be good for it. Will keep you posted for more valuable advise.

Those are awesome pictures, Bersa. Thank you for sharing.
    I have an older model Thunder 9 High Capacity (pre-Pro) and it is the most accurate pistol that I own. I have let beginners shoot it, and you would never know they have little or no pistol experience. The T9HCs are incredible pistols and I would recommend them to anyone shopping for a full size 9MM pistol.

I have no doubt that it is a superb pistol and I'm really excited to get mine in a week or so.

I noticed when i was comparing the pre-pro BT9 and the BT.40 Pro, the BT9's sights were quite similar or the same as the Glocks whilst the Pro had sights more similar if not the same as the SigSauer sights. What do you have on your pre-pro BT9 if I may ask?

My BT380

After breaking it in for 300 rounds, my 380 continued to perform flawlessly. I'm very confident that it will be so for the next thousand rounds. I also took the chance to bring it to my friend for a custom finish. Well, we all know that Bersa is not really known for impeccable finishing so I reckon i'd have somebody who will. I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0574.jpg   DSC_0576.jpg   DSC_0575.jpg   DSC_0573.jpg  

New and newly refinished slide and barrel - Bersa Thunder 9HC

Finally got my dream Bersa 9mm pistol. I've had it for a month now and have enjoyed breaking it in with 300 rounds of 9mm FMJ and true enough, it is a performer with all my expectations fulfilled. Though it took me quite a while to get familiar with the center pivoted trigger, I must say that it is true that it is a remarkably accurate pistol. Getting groups of 2.5 to 3.5 in 10m and 15m respectively. More post break-in range reports to follow.

Again, like my BT380, I had it brought over to my gunsmith buddy to refinish the slide in "Black Chrome" and the barrel in hard chrome after breaking it in. I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0544.jpg   DSC_0535.jpg   DSC_0538.jpg   DSC_0541.JPG   DSC_0536.jpg  

Nice! I like that finish he did! Shiney guns are pretty, but you just can't beat black!

The pistols look great, Murdoch. Congratulations on the acquisition of the 9HC. From reading your post, it seems that yours is as good of a shooter as mine. I do hope you enjoy it and thank you for sharing the photos.

The pistols look great, Murdoch. Congratulations on the acquisition of the 9HC. From reading your post, it seems that yours is as good of a shooter as mine. I do hope you enjoy it and thank you for sharing the photos.
    Thank you AmGirl. Oh indeed it is a great and pleasurable shooter. A very worthy successor to my now "museum piece" Browning HP and I know I will not miss it with the BT9HC. In fact, I just came from a 100 rd session with it (since the range is just a few minutes away from my workplace ) just to continue getting to know it.

Among other things, what i find so great about this pistol is its simplicity of dismantling. It takes me just a few minutes to clean it.

Simply wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Nice! I like that finish he did! Shiney guns are pretty, but you just can't beat black!
    Thanks Mitchr. Yes, nothing beats black.

hi guys i'm new here i just bought my new Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm yesterday and i'm still waiting for my papers so that i can shoot it on the firing range, but i think that i will never hav a problem with this from your recent post here this is my first pistol

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    hi guys i'm new here i just bought my new Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm yesterday and i'm still waiting for my papers so that i can shoot it on the firing range, but i think that i will never hav a problem with this from your recent post here this is my first pistol
    Congratulations and welcome, lawrence. I hope your new pistol serves you well.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Congratulations on your acquisition. I am very sure you'll never have a problem with it. Just clean it well first and then lube it. It is such a reliable and accurate pistol.