Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bersa Compatability with Night Sights for all Thunder 9PRO, 40PRO and 45PRO

Administrator

Bersa Compatability with Night Sights for all Thunder 9PRO, 40PRO and 45PRO

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Bersa is now making all Thunder 9, 40, and 45's with dovetail rear and front sights fully compatable with the SIG 220/226 starting these serial numbers:

Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
    Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
    Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

Unfortunately, anything older than the above numbers will not take after market sights. If you have any questions, just post them here and will will answer them.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bersa; 04-29-2010 at 02:27 PM.

http://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account
    Would a new slide compatible with older UC9 Pro's be a solution? My UC9 Pro is in the A317XX serial number range.

Some technical details about the new dovetail rear and front sights

This is a picture of a Thunder 9 PRO with dovetail rear and front sights.

The front sight is the nbr. 8 in the list of heights of Sig 220/226 front sights, the rear is plastic.
    The improvement when you use the sights is noticeable, and now users have many options of fiber optic, tritium, adjustable rear sights, etc.
    The rear dovetail before these serial numbers are not compatable with SIG, just from the number that Mike mentions they are.
    We have tested Meprolight and they fit perfect in our Thunder 9 PRO and the other PRO , Bersa and Firestorm, I recommend them.

just to get this right I have a thunder 9 UC serial #842287 and night sights for a sig 220/226 will be compatable

Administrator
    Does your Pro model have an "A" Prefix in the serial number? If not, then theywill not work.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Would a new slide compatible with older UC9 Pro's be a solution? My UC9 Pro is in the A317XX serial number range.
    Yes a slide replacement would be doable, but I recommend it be done by a service center to assure that all the correct parts fit and function correctly. Let us know if we can be of help.
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Colorado Gun Works
    Bersa Warranty Center

http://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith View Post
    Yes a slide replacement would be doable, but I recommend it be done by a service center to assure that all the correct parts fit and function correctly. Let us know if we can be of help.
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Colorado Gun Works
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Thank you Royce. Just let me know the cost. You have my CZ-82 & 75 on the bench right now. If you remember, just let me know when we talk then.
    Kind regards,

JL

Thank you Royce, perfect explanation.
    Leandro

Missed it by that much! Guess I'll just have to rely on training and instinct.
    Giving money and power to gov't is like giving whiskey and carkeys to teenage boys

Yea! Now I have an excuse to buy another Thunder 9 HC! I just missed it with my last one. Ser.# was A63xxx, shell case fired at Factory on 1/29/2010...
    "R E M E M B E R T H E A L A M O"

Administrator
    The slides are not currently in stock, as they are a new development and are primarily going into new production firearms. Give it a little time and the will become available and it is way cheaper to replace a slide assembly than an entire firearm. Cost will not be available until we have some in hand.
    Thanks,
    C. Royce honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center

Hi Guys,
    Im new here so if I do something wrong it is out of ignorance and not disrespect. It was after reading these forums that decided to buy a new Thunder 9 Pro UC. I fired it today for the first time and used 4 types of ammo. It ate it all and wanted more. Not even a hint of a problem. I am very happy with this gun and the way it shoots. The only issue I have is that the sights are off ( 2 oclock high, approx 3 inches from dead center at 50 feet ) and very consistant. The serial # is A 80178 Can these sight be adjusted ? If so, how would I do that ? Also, the riflings in the barrel do not appear to be very distinct ( more like raised mounds ) Is this normal for this gun ? The groups that I got were tight with all 4 types of ammo. Thanks for your reply!

Steve

Many people whrn shooting a Bersa for first time say sights off 99% of time its them No matter how many guns you own or been shooting They seem to throw off For a new shooter.

As for barrel Polygonal rifling
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

If it is a new shooter thing, what has to happen to fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bersa View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Bersa is now making all Thunder 9, 40, and 45's with dovetail rear and front sights fully compatable with the SIG 220/226 starting these serial numbers:

Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
    Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
    Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

Unfortunately, anything older than the above numbers will not take after market sights. If you have any questions, just post them here and will will answer them.

Thanks
    I have a Mini 45 Firestorm Pro Ser/#a438**
    Are aftermarket sights available? If not, can the slide be changed or milled to receive new sights?

Administrator
    The old mini Firestorms will not accept the Sig aftermarket sights. You can purchase a Bersa UC 45 slide and replace it on your pistol if you want to be able to switch out sights for night sights.

Leandro,

Earlier you made the comment: "We have tested Meprolight and they fit perfect in our Thunder 9 PRO and the other PRO , Bersa and Firestorm, I recommend them."

I have a Firestorm Mini 9 UC Pro. Can you provide additional information re: your comment, i.e., What model Meprolight, etc.

Thanks,

Pardoctor

How about serial numbers begining with # B

michael t,

I can't seem to get a response from Leandro concerning his comment re: the Meprolight compatability with the Thunder 9 and perhaps the Firestorm 9mm pistols. Do you have any information re: this issue?

Pardoctor

looking to replace the sights on my thunder UC 40. My serial number beings with a #B and Not a #A . Can I still use the sig sights, they look like the same ones as I have on now.