Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Compatability with Night Sights for all Thunder 9PRO, 40PRO and 45PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    Meprolight has made custom sights for the 380. The front sight will have to be installed by a gunsmith, or someone with good knowledge of sight installation. The sights for the 9/40/45 are the same as for the Sig.
    That's what we are hearing but yet the 226's weren't right. I really think it depends on the style and deeming Sig for all is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by roadhog View Post
    Intercooler, I think you problem may be that the dovetail on the slide is a little too deep for the new sight. I had the same problem installing a Laserlyte RL-XD on my Thunder 9 pro hc. I used a file and a dremel tool to remove a small amount of metal from the rear part of the slide. After removing the material, i tapped the new laser in place with a brass punch and a small hammer. It is a perfect fit. If I could figure out how to put a picture on line, I would photograph it an put in on this site for all to see. Anyhow, good luck! Roadhog.
    Send it to me and I will put it on Photobucket

intercooler@verizon.net

Administrator
    Guys, all I can tell you is what the factory has told me. This is as follows: they chose to make the same cuts, so as to use the same after market sights, for the Sig 220/226. I personally have not played with the sights, or tried to install any, but folks at Meprolight ans Tru Glo have and told me this to be true. I am not doubting anyone, I can just give you the information that has been passed on to me. There could be certain styles of sight that don't work, but I can't personally speak to that. I know this is of no help, but I just wanted to let you know what we have been told.

Never got the pics from roadhog. I ordered the Mepros suggested by their rep this week. I will post back good, bad or ugly on if they fit next week. Pics too if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by intercooler View Post
    Never got the pics from roadhog. I ordered the Mepros suggested by their rep this week. I will post back good, bad or ugly on if they fit next week. Pics too if they do.
    Good luck, intercooler. We'll look forward to your update.

Well I don't know what to say. The Meprolight adjustables were just like the PSI sights I had. This gunsmith (different one this time) got .100" needed for the rear sight to clear the slide top. Only problem is only .084" to work with so it needs a good .015" cut to clear. Looks like no adjustables really work for the 9mm! When I see a Bersa with a set of any sights other than stock on it without a total rework I will believe it. Until then my second try and the fact I can't find any pics/info tells me this is like the tooth fairy.

http://milspecmonkey.com/weapons-pag...s-for-sig-p226

The gunsmith I went to today suggested MMC sights when he was looking my Bersa over. I found info on them and sure enough they look like a fit. Only problem is I don't think this place is in business anymore. See why they would work?

If you are a member at Bersa Chat, perhaps you can contact the second poster in this thread, http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...t-Night-Sights and ask/him her to provide photos? This pistol is a 40UC. There may be some photos there with aftermarket sights installed if you do a search. I seem to recall seeing at least one, but I was unable to locate it for you.
    Last edited by Americangirl01; 06-16-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Any night sights for uc45 startin with serial# b?

The new Siglite adjustables look like the ones by MMC which is now out of business. I may try a set if I can get rear blade width. If the 226 is wider the blade may be also. This would hang over the edge of the Bersa. Just waiting for the info.

Night sights

The Sig220 frontsight is a no.6 and the 226 is ano.8 both rear sights are no. 8 with set screws for installation. I would file down the sights for a snug fit before installing avoid using a punch if possible If a little loose use red loctite and let set for 24hrs A sight vise is another way I have a set of TruGlo Tritium on my 40HC I wouldnt be surprised if all guns had them on in the future. Excellent product and you can do it yourself with some files and a regular vise. Oh and loctite if you get carried away

Can you post a picture so we can see? Here, Photobucket, etc..? I haven't seen one yet?

Nightsights

Computers not my strong side gotta wait for my kids to do it. What seems to be your troulbe maybe i can help you out here pictures dont show you that much once the sights inplace.

Hey Intercooler just checked out your sights you got. Those are fiber optic, great for day not so much for low light conditions. Meprolite, Truglo are Tritium filled they glow 24/7 for twelve years they say. Low light no light you can see three green dots. I only paid $75 for mine on line. I dont know why they sell the same product for the 220 and 226 different frontsight size.

I have a Lasermax laser for low light/no light. I hate night sights! They are absolutely useless in the dark. I have HiViz on a couple of others but usually in combo with a laser.

Any pics of your sight install?

Went to a local store that had a sig elite platinum in stock with the new sig lite adjustables. The rear sight measured .730" compared to the bersa .630" width. We would have .050" hanging over each edge of the dovetail.

Night sights

Heres a picture of my BT40HC with TruGlo tritium night sights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 105_0254.jpg   2011-06-21 13.27.14.jpg   2011-06-21 13.30.44.jpg  

Very nice, Lefty. Thank you for the photos.

What had to be done to fit them? I see they curve forward so think they may fit without altering. They don't look adjustable and that is the hard part! Do they fit the dovetail slot or hang out at the edges some?