Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Compatability with Night Sights for all Thunder 9PRO, 40PRO and 45PRO

I am in the same situation as Randy464. I would like to replace the sights, and I have a serial number that starts with a B1xxxx. Can we replace the sights with a sig sight?

Thanks

Will since no one will let me play in the reindeer games LOL I went out and purchase some Trijicon SIG 3 Dot Night Sights P225,226,228,229 SG01 and the fit like a charm. Took them to Gander Mountain and the gun smith popped them right in. My Bersa ultra-compact Pros serial number begins with a B#####. So you can use sig night sights on a Bersa 40 UC Pro

I'm sorry to both of you for the slow response. Yes, anything with serial number later than A8XXXX, so anything starting with a "B" should be later.
    Last edited by Americangirl01; 11-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Availability of new slides ?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith View Post
    Yes a slide replacement would be doable, but I recommend it be done by a service center to assure that all the correct parts fit and function correctly. Let us know if we can be of help.
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Colorado Gun Works
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Are the replacement slides for the 9uc available yet?

I've got a new 45 UC so I have to assume that the sights are compatible with the Sig 220 - 226. Any thoughts on compatibility with the HiViz sights for the Sig models. My local gun shop is no help and an e-mail to HiViz also provided no help. Has anyone tried these 3rd party sights?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith View Post
    Does your Pro model have an "A" Prefix in the serial number? If not, then theywill not work.
    Are the sights interchangeable on my new Thunder9Pro high capacity full size - serial# A31830?
    There is a post earlier that says only sights on this model with serials #s starting with A 8**** are interchangeable.
    The oem sights on my firearm are fixed white "u" at the rear and white dot at the front.
    The test cartridge envelope shows a date 09/09/09.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleShooter View Post
    Are the sights interchangeable on my new Thunder9Pro high capacity full size - serial# A31830?
    There is a post earlier that says only sights on this model with serials #s starting with A 8**** are interchangeable.
    The oem sights on my firearm are fixed white "u" at the rear and white dot at the front.
    The test cartridge envelope shows a date 09/09/09.
    Thanks.
    I don't believe your's will take the Sig sights. Sorry.

Administrator
    All Slides post the starting number will work. B comes after A, so it will work.
    Let us know if we can help,
    Thanks,
    C. Royce Honeycutt
    Master Gunsmith
    Bersa Warranty Center
    Bersa Custom Work

The Laserlyte RL-XD model is a perfect fit for the Bersa hc duotone 9mm,. serial bxxxxx. I used a dremel to grind about .0025 of an inch off of the top of the slide to make it fit. Now I have a rear sight laser that really makes a difference in these old eyes of mine.

I have some bad news here. This information is wrong! Yes the sights are Dovetail. No the sights for a 226 will not fit. I bought these:

http://www.precisionsights.com/Product/ttf28ss.html

Took them to the Gunsmith and the rear sight won't fit without machining the slide top. As for the front the Dovetail of the TTF sight was too narrow (slop). So standard 226 sights won't fit! I'm sending these back tomorrow. I don't know what Mepro is using but it is different. I want adjustables so guess I will just have to wait longer.

Well could be the sights you ordered seems every one else is working. Many times when changing to different type sights Depending on the sight style You need to mill/file the top of slide slightly. This pretty common on 1911's. So I must say Bersa information is correct as from factory . I am sure. They, check all this before making public. Plus remember this was done doing a model run as a improvement to those that wanted option of not useing factory sights. Others in this post have been able to do So I must say again Might be brand of sight not correct. I bought sights for a Winchester rifle and front sight didn't work either..
    In world of guns It the aftermarket that more trouble than factory's. Factory uselly know what their doing.

We have tested Meprolight and they fit perfect in our Thunder 9 PRO and the other PRO , Bersa and Firestorm, I recommend them.
    Posted by BersaFactory. on another thread.
    Last edited by michael t; 05-26-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

I read that too and reason I bought these. The rear Mepro mounts and curves up and back so I can see it fitting. As for the front... no way is is standard Sig! Their is much slop enough to where you can't use it on the front. I was hoping someone would have posted pictures of the install? For me I want an adjustable rear sight which at this point means none available. You could mill the slide top and install a standard 226 sight adjustable. Your only other option is just keep the front sight as-is from the factory which kind of stinks.

Anything from Bersa? I phoned your warranty centers all but Colorado and none of those know of a sight that will fit. What gives?

I just spoke to the main man at Meprolight USA and he said the ML20110 sight will fit the Bersa. Beats me, but my serial is 991xx which I should be okay according to this. He was unsure if I had the new slide or not but info here says yes.

I'm thinking about trying one more time with this set. If it doesn't work then boy everyone is giving bad info.
    Last edited by Americangirl01; 05-31-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by intercooler View Post
    I just spoke to the main man at Meprolight USA and he said the ML20110 sight will fit the Bersa. Beats me, but my serial is 991xx which I should be okay according to this. He was unsure if I had the new slide or not but info here says yes.

I'm thinking about trying one more time with this set. If it doesn't work then boy everyone is giving bad info.
    Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
    Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
    Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

Does your serial number begin with an alpha character, intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by intercooler View Post

Does the S/N have an A or B in front of it? If not, may not be compatible.

I essentially asked on the bersachat.com website if ANYONE had installed the night sights for the UC Pro 45. I got no answers. The write up from the Meprolight website indicates gunsmithing is needed for the 380. I can see that since the front sight is pressed in place but for the UC Pro 45, the slides fit into a dove tail slot. Since Meprolight doesn't say anything about gunsmithing, I suspect you can just tap out both the front and rear and tap in the new night sights. HAS ANYONE INSTALLED THE ML-10240 sight on a UC Pro 9 or UC Pro 45? If so, was there any snags or issues and how do you like the Meprolight night sights?

From the Meprolight website:

ML-10242: Meprolight TruDot Night Sights for Bersa Thunder 380 - front and rear dot sights. This set requires Gunsmithing since the front sight is a stake-on

ML-10240: Meprolight TrueDot Night Sights for Bersa Thunder 9, 40 & 45 ACP - front and rear dot sights
    wiredgeorge
    Mico TX

Administrator
    Meprolight has made custom sights for the 380. The front sight will have to be installed by a gunsmith, or someone with good knowledge of sight installation. The sights for the 9/40/45 are the same as for the Sig.

Intercooler, I think you problem may be that the dovetail on the slide is a little too deep for the new sight. I had the same problem installing a Laserlyte RL-XD on my Thunder 9 pro hc. I used a file and a dremel tool to remove a small amount of metal from the rear part of the slide. After removing the material, i tapped the new laser in place with a brass punch and a small hammer. It is a perfect fit. If I could figure out how to put a picture on line, I would photograph it an put in on this site for all to see. Anyhow, good luck! Roadhog.
    Last edited by roadhog; 06-01-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: add addressee

Quote Originally Posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    Thunder 45 UC starting from serial # A76136
    Thunder 9 & 40 HC # A80227
    Thunder 9 & 40 UC # A80077

Does your serial number begin with an alpha character, intercooler?
    Yes "A" plus the numbers