Thread: Thunder .380 Disassembly Question

Hybrid View

Thunder .380 Disassembly Question

What might be the problem with my Thunder 380 that I can not remove the slide? I pull it back while pushing down on the release and lift the slide up but it does not go up. How far past the safety stop does it need to go?

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot7 View Post
    What might be the problem with my Thunder 380 that I can not remove the slide? I pull it back while pushing down on the release and lift the slide up but it does not go up. How far past the safety stop does it need to go?
    The muzzle end of the barrel has a sharp edge, just before the rounded edge of the actual muzzle begins. The spot where these two meet is about even with the take down lever before the slide will come off...Make sure you keep holding the lever down. The slide will not come up unless the lever is down.

Now What?

Quote Originally Posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    The muzzle end of the barrel has a sharp edge, just before the rounded edge of the actual muzzle begins. The spot where these two meet is about even with the take down lever before the slide will come off...Make sure you keep holding the lever down. The slide will not come up unless the lever is down.
    It still will not go back far enough to be free to come up.

Administrator
    Hi Sureshot7,

You might want to visit the http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/videos.html section of Bersa. There is a breakdown video that might help.

Thanks

Also Sureshot you might take a look at You Tube Bersa Thunder 380 Firearms breakdown By Nick from Reynerson,if fact take a look at all the you tube videos about the Bersa Thunder and save them into your favorites,that's what I did when I first got my Bersa 380,there are some real good ones on all areas of the Bersa Thunder 380.

I did watch the video it was good but the gun still will not come apart. What happens if the spring is in backwards? What can you do if there is enough dirt in the rails to prevent the slide from going back far enough to come up? What does the release mechanizim do? Could its movement be too short?
    Thanks for listening.
    Sureshot7

Just a thought, Is the hammer in the cocked position,maybe if the hammer is in the up position that might be holding the slide from traveling back far enough in order to lift the slide off the rails.

Disassembly of .380

The hammer is all the way back. No obstruction there.

Sorry that you are still wrestling with the problem,guess it will be worth a few bucks to go to a gunsmith shop and get it fix once and for all,I just got my Bersa back from the GS had the disconnector and the disconnector spring replaced,and come this Sunday it will be the day of reckoning is the fix a band aid or the finally solution the trigger not working problem..