Thread: Thunder380

Thunder380

Greeting fellow bersa owners, i just bought my bersa thunder 380 about 3 mouths ago. I don't have no more than 200 rounds fired on it, when i was at the range my gun started not firing, the trigger wouldn't work. I was told that the trigger spring had broke. I was wondering if this is a ongoing problem or was it something else thats keeping the gun from firing... Albert

Hello and welcome! Glad to see you bought a Bersa 380. I'm sorry your having problems, but so did I when I first bought mine. My research has shown that the problem with your trigger is a known and very fixable disconnector spring. The spring can come out of the Disconnector bar and the gun thinks its in safe mode. I would consider sending It back to a Bersa Warranty Center or if your somewhat handy and cautious, you can put the spring back in the groove by removing the right grip panel and you should see the spring out of place push it back in and against groove. Then and I believe this to be most important, tighten the grip screw a little harder then the way it came. I did the same thing and it has been 225 rounds later, no problems, except one jam, maybe limp wristed or ammo. Other than that I would say problem non-existent so far. If it doesn't work then I would send it for warranty, they will fix it for good hopefully. Don't give up on the gun, it still a kept secret out there, because the Bersa bashers, want to make gun look bad. Truth is we are laughing because our guns out perform their more expensive guns and they can't have that now. Too embarrassing for them! Good luck and God bless!

Benjamin

this is a hit and miss problem Please send a PM to me here . We are looking at serial numbers to see if a pattern . I would suggest you check and send to a warrenty center . It can be corrected. . Sorry for your trouble .
    I have posted the warranty centers and some feed back on them on other Bersa board.
    http://bersachat.com we would like you to join that branch of the family also. We the best looking side.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Thanks mike for the info. I will send it back and pray that it won't do it again. Because it has me worried now weather it will do it if i ever need it... Albert

Thanks ben for the info. As far as the gun i love it. But now scared that it will happen at the time i might most need it. Be bless ben.... Al

ALMITCHEL if it happens again in a life/death situation turn it right side up (gangster style) as some of the youngsters call it and it will fire .... Has something to do with the mechanics, cant explain it though, it does work ... I found out personally when my spring came dislodged, I turned it on its side and it the trigger started pulling again.. So I have confidence now that if for some reason it happens when I pull my gun out for Self Defense, that a flip of the gun and i can still empty my magazine and get it fixed later.

God bless,

Benjamin