Thread: Night sights for T380 ???

Night sights for T380 ???

Anybody know if any company makes night sights for Thunder .380? I am having trouble finding anything and I am not interested in the Crimson Trace. Thanks

Hello srhembree and welcome...
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no aftermarket sights available for the Thunder .380s, only the Crimson Trace grips.

Gunsmith might be able to make you a set but would be approx cost of the pistol to do. At night you not suppose to shoot till you can ID target . At that range should be able to point shoot. I have them on my Dan Wesson and I haven't really been that impressed. I think front sight only be a better set up than the current 3 dot systems
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Gunsmith might be able to make you a set but would be approx cost of the pistol to do. At night you not suppose to shoot till you can ID target . At that range should be able to point shoot. I have them on my Dan Wesson and I haven't really been that impressed. I think front sight only be a better set up than the current 3 dot systems
    The 3-dot systems works for me, but I think it'll be better if the front dot is a 'brighter' or better color, maybe green rather than white.

I found that I can be very accurate with the factory sights but they still are small, I enjoy the larger dots that I have seen on various Sig Sauer guns that I have shot. How long has the thunder been around. Any chance on new accessories coming in the future or is it an older model everyone has given up on?

Bersa is a small company, it doesn't advertise in the gun rags . When I started the 1st BersaTalk board in 2004 their was nothing. no holsters, no grips, no laser, That board started a cottage industry of members making and supplying custom leather holsters, custom grips . The laser came while back. We were noticed by CT
    Bersa is getting noticed by big company's now . Several people have holsters and couple grip makers
    The original Bersa board is gone crashed .But it has spawned 3 other boards with this one and http://bersachat.com. the best.

So stick around Bersa listens to owners thru this and my board bersachat. Just might get a night sight. They did change the sight set up on the 9mm to use aftermarket sights. So possible.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

I bought the Crimson Trace grip laser for my Bersa 380. They were dead on from the factory. After using the laser for awhile, my wife is GREAT at point and shoot without the laser. My 380 is amazingly accurate. I do believe the crimson Trace were worth the price. I would also love to see Trijicon come up with some night sights for the Bersa 380.

Administrator
    Folks - Meprolight is coming out with a set of night sights made specifically for the Bersa Thunder 380. I spoke to the factory rep two days ago, and he said the initial samples would be ready this month, with delivery to the distributors in February. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    Folks - Meprolight is coming out with a set of night sights made specifically for the Bersa Thunder 380. I spoke to the factory rep two days ago, and he said the initial samples would be ready this month, with delivery to the distributors in February. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the heads up, BersaSales. We'll get the word out.

Smile Bersa thunder 380 nightsights by meprolights

Everyone has been waiting for this! I have anxiously awaited this like many of you! Meprolights finally has made night sights for the Thunder 380. Click on the link below. It does say some gunsmithing would be needed because of the front sight being a stake-on. Enjoy all!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/meprolig...r-pistols.html

Wow I wonder if these will work for the Plus model? I have not checked to see if the sights are the same and will require some gunsmithing? Has anyone tried and if so how do you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter757 View Post
    Wow I wonder if these will work for the Plus model? I have not checked to see if the sights are the same and will require some gunsmithing? Has anyone tried and if so how do you like them?
    Their not really out their yet this is all new The slide on the Plus as far as I know is the same as the thunder Its the frame and grips main difference. Iam sure are some other differences also.

Man, that is really cool! I have got to get me a set of those sights.

Great! Can't wait to get them.