Thread: New to forum looking to buy a Bersa 380 pricing questions

New to forum looking to buy a Bersa 380 pricing questions

I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I have been looking at the Bersa and like them. My question is this is there a suggested retail price on the Bersa's or are qun dealers free to charge whatever they want. Is one better off going to a gun show or just going dealer to dealer to find the best price. I live in the central west coast of Florida near Tampa. Can anyone recommend a good gun shop. Thanks for your help.

I believe the SRP for the standard Thunder 7RD matte .380 is $328.00. You will see this price vary amongst the dealers. Usually you will find it below the SRP $328.00. Best bet is if you see one at a show or shop buy it before its gone! The website has find a dealer near you section. Here is the link. http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/dealers You can do control F, and search Tampa or local zip codes. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the reply, just did not want to get overcharged. The dealer near me is about $100.00 above the SRP. So I chose to keep shopping. Thanks!

Try this site. Davidson's Gallery of Guns' "Gun Genie" is very useful in determining MSRP of various firearms, maybe getting a look at one you have heard about but unable to find & also get an idea of a selling price. In case you've never used the site:

When you get to their site, click on Gun Genie, then select brand, etc. For Bersa, I just select brand & click 'search' & it brings up all configuretions. Click on 'Choose' & it'll bring up specs & MSRP. If they show it on hand, you can click 'Instant Quote' & it will display 'out the door' pricing for dealers within a 25 mile radius (prior to selecting the brand, there is a place for you to enter your zip code or when you ask for quote it'll ask for zip code). You can widen the search for a dealer to 50 & 100 miles, if you like.

The quoted prices will not necessarily be the 'best price' you can find if you are patient & shop around, but I have found them to be decent prices. I have brought one pistol - Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm through them & the service was great. Ordered on a Tuesday, got email with tracking number Wednesday & the dealer I bought it through called me Thursday! Davidson's also has a satisfaction guarantee, in addition to the manufacturer's warranty. I use them a lot to see what a firearm looks like if I can not find one in the local gun stores. I also like to get an idea of the price range before I go into a brick & mortar store to buy. Now, if they do not have a pistol available, all you can get is the MSRP, no quoted price. You can ask for notification & they will e-mail you when they have it available.

Anyway, welcome to the forum & enjoy the hunt. That is part of the fun!

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx

P.S. I am retired & my wife & I take trips, any where from short day trips to 3-4 day trips, just to see the country, etc. I use the 'Gun Genie" out to 100 mile radius to identify & locate gun dealers outside my normal shopping area. When we make a trip, I'll have 3-4 dealers spotted in the direction we are going. Makes for a fun trip, shopping for something besides jewelry, shoes & purses!
    Last edited by mitchr; 07-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Is it the T-380 the one with laser grips...they are about $400 or more (I think).
    Mike

Thanks! I do the same drop wife off at the outlet mall, while I go gun shopping, alot more fun for me.

That is one amazing website mitchr. Thanks for sharing it. Now I have a base to work with!!!

Yes, I enjoy shopping gun stores even when I am not in the market for one. I like to catch them when they are not busy & visit with them. A lot of times the salesmen don't know a lot about what they sell! But when I find one that seems to be pretty knowledgeable, I like to 'pick his brain' about things I read on the internet.

Tomorrow, in fact, we are making a trip to an outlet mall just this side of Mesquite. Between here & there is a nice gun shop with a huge display of firearms (at least it's huge for a small town guy like me) that includes just about any brand you can imagine & some old antiques that are not for sale, just for looking. I like going there because he'll have pistols I haven't been able to find anywhere else. If they are not busy, they don't mind showing me anything I ask about, even if they know I'm not buying. They like to talk guns!! This place is out in the middle of nowhere! It is about 10 miles from the town which is given as it's address with nothing but trees & pasture in between. Now, if I can only talk the wife into letting me spend a little time there, either going or coming back!

If you have an Academy Sports Store in your area, check their prices, too. Around here they have listed the standard matte black Bersa Thunder .380 for $279.95......
    NRA Member
    Molon Labe

I've had 2 Bersa duotones. Sadly I sold my first one after getting my concealed permit I quickly found that my Springfield XDm is a little large for edc in the summer so I thought back to the little Thunder 380. I found a used one in near perfect condition at a gunshop for 225.

I just bought my first gun, a Bersa thunder Plus 380 for $399 @ a gun show...

Quote Originally Posted by MUDDINBABE View Post
    I just bought my first gun, a Bersa thunder Plus 380 for $399 @ a gun show...
    Congrats, MUDDINBABE and welcome.