Thread: New .380 owner with a question

Question New .380 owner with a question

Hello everyone. Newbie here. First gun purchase and love my Bersa .380! I wanted a gun for CC, and as soon as I put this Bersa in my hand, it was true love. I am so disappointed in the owners manual. I thought I would get more out of it than just naming a thousand parts.
    I have a question, and please be kind to me as I am learning here. On the right side, above the trigger, there is a lever with grooves that swings downward. Can anyone tell me what this is called, and its purpose?
    I appreciate it!
    Maureen

It's the take down lever. You push the lever down while removing the slide from the receiver. Go to you tube and search Bersa .380 field strip. there are several on the site.
    Good Luck.

Thank you very much!!

Maureen, be sure that when you reassemble you put the spring on so that the tight end is over the barrel and the slightly bigger end is loose before you put the slide in place. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
    It's the take down lever. You push the lever down while removing the slide from the receiver. Go to you tube and search Bersa .380 field strip. there are several on the site.
    Good Luck.
    Hello Maureen and welcome....
    In addition, you also push the lever down upon reassembly of the slide or the slide will not go back on.....

I am also new and have a question. I just purchased a Bersa 380 and was wonder when you load the weapon and put one in the chamber the hammer stay's back. I know you can release it by holding back on it and pulling the trigger but with the hammer being so small I feel it is unsafe to do.

Is there a safe way to release the hammer forward?

kirkdbjl
    Welcome to the world of Bersa. Your Bersa has a decocker built into the safety. Point the weapon in a safe direction and pull the safety all the way down and back and the hammer should fall without firing.

Thanks for the information

Maureen -- I'm a new .380 owner as well and I realize you have received an answer to your inquiry. That disassembly piece button (the one you were asking about) is (or should) be explained on page 6 of your manual. That the page it is for mine...or see the instructions for "Dismantling after firing"; shows a picture as well.