Thread: Commanches Anyone?

Commanches Anyone?

I have been wondering about the Commanche revolvers. Know nothing about them at all & haven't seen one in any of the gun stores I've shopped or the two gun shows I've been to in the last few months. Anyone have one?

Administrator
    mitchr - we finally have some information on the revolvers. They have not shipped any to us all year due to the fact that they are changing the design and making a ton of improvements. Look for some new Comanche revolvers in stores in Nov/Dec. I saw the prototypes while in Argentina and they look fantastic!

Who is doing the warranty work on these?

Administrator
    Warranty work is still being handled by Eagle Imports official warranty centers. Please click on the http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/warranty to see the list.

I saw these at the NRA convention in Charlotte. I'm not really a revolver fan, and found these to have a strange feel in my hand. I hope the changes address this issue.

Administrator
    We did not have the new Comanche revolvers at the NRA convention this year. Maybe you are referring to the Firestorm revolvers SC Dave? The Firestorm revolver is basically a Cot Detective Special - a tried and true design.

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    We did not have the new Comanche revolvers at the NRA convention this year. Maybe you are referring to the Firestorm revolvers SC Dave? The Firestorm revolver is basically a Cot Detective Special - a tried and true design.
    My mistake.

Administrator
    No problem at all! We certainly appreciate you stopping by and seeing us. I think you will like the new Comanches. I saw them while in Argentina last month and the look really nice - much better than the ones we used to import from them. As far as the Firestorm goes, the good thing is that is accepts all aftermarket grips made for the Colt Detective Special, so if you wanted one, you could certainly find a grip that is right for you!

Thanks for the info, I look forward to seeing the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by BersaSales View Post
    No problem at all! We certainly appreciate you stopping by and seeing us. I think you will like the new Comanches.
    Does this mean that there is a upgraded version of the Super Comanche ?
    A while back CGW had made a statement about a more worth wild version would be out and suggested to wait for a little while before making a purchase.

Administrator
    Hi darrellkansas! I think that the only design changes that Comanche is making are to their line of revolvers. To the best of my knowledge, the Super Comanche will remain the same. it is a very good design for what it is and has stood the test of time, as they have been producing the same model for many years. The only change you will see is that in 2011, they will be introducing a Super Comanche in 22mag. This gun will be available in very small quantities, but should be a nice little niche pistol.

I could have been mistaken on what the statement meant

Thanks,I do want one.

Super Comanche warranty work

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I will any way and the moderators can set me strait if its not. I recently ordered a Super Comanche and had some questions about how hot of loads I can run through it. I e-mailed Bersa and they directed me to the authorized warranty repairs folks. I then contacted Colorado Gunworks in South lions In. The guy there was very helpful and made sure that he answered my questions as best he could without putting any liability on himself. I don't mean that in a negative way either. In todays litigious society I can't blame him there. He was very helpful and spent close to an hour on the phone with me making sure that he answered all of my concerns, several of course came up as we talked more, and he never rushed me or acted like I was wasting to much of his time. I would highly recommend his shop to anyone who needs warranty work or any other gunsmithing for that matter. A very courteous and knowledgable guy in my book.
    Oh, one more thing how do I get one of the .22mag barrels?