Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New American Classic Commander

New American Classic Commander

I bought a new ACC Commader last Thursday and installed new walnut grips on it tonight. I really like this pistol. One Picture include my firestorm mini 9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010004..JPG   P1010002..JPG  
    Last edited by kingwc; 06-15-2010 at 05:13 AM.

Very nice kingwc. I certainly wouldn't mind one day adding a AC Commander to my collection. And you've got a good pistol in the Mini Firestorm too.

Very nice, kingwc.....Thanks for sharing....

nice no I need to go out side and shoot my AC .
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Thanks, for the compliments. I had forgotten how much fun shooting can be until recently and now I can't seem to stop buying guns to try out.

Kinda in the same boat. I had Rifles & Shotguns for hunting & a couple of revolvers to carry when I went hunting, but it had been close to 30 years since shooting any of them. When I decided to get my CHL, neither of my revolvers were suitable for concealed carry so bought a pistol for that in '07. Since that purchase, 7 more with a different excuse for needing each one.

Mitchr, Like you I had not shot a gun in almost thirty years and then this winter which was long cold and wet I saw an advertisement in the paper for a ccw class on March the 6th. I told the wife that I thought I would take the class just to have something to do. 5 handguns, a Henry .22 and a membership to the local sportsman club later I am having a ball.

It definitely grows on you, kingwc. I started with one, the same as you, but 7 hanguns, a .22 rifle and 2 shotguns later, I really don't see an ending anytime soon....As a matter of fact, I wish I had more..

http://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account
    Are the Trophy models showing up yet? I know Chrome Commanders have apparently started showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Are the Trophy models showing up yet? I know Chrome Commanders have apparently started showing up.
    I'd like to know that too !!!
    jr

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Davidson's showed a couple of the Trophy models on their Gun Genie the other day. Haven't seen them anywhere else yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwc View Post
    I bought a new ACC Commader last Thursday and installed new walnut grips on it tonight. I really like this pistol. One Picture include my firestorm mini 9
    Who makes that 1911 in your photo?

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post
    That is the American Classic, made by Metro Arms in the Phillipines. There is a lot of info about them at Bersa Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post
    American Classic made in the Philippines and imported by Eagle So uses same warranty center and life time to 1st buyer Warranty as Bersa.

http://www.americanclassic1911.com/

Their present on line home is of course Bersachat Several of us have them over their.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

Thanks for the information guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwc View Post

Wow nice pistols. How much it cost i want to get one.
    SPAM REMOVED! NO SPAM ALLOWED IN SIGNATURE LINE!

Nice grips on a great gun!

I have the Government Model and it has been 100% pure 1911 magic for me which you should expect too. So be sure to shoot often, be safe and have fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC 9mm.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	268Here is my 9MM Commander. Smoothest slide I ever felt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC 3.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	269
    Last edited by qwiksdraw; 01-10-2014 at 11:34 AM.

I checked out the new AC/metro line up at the NRA convention this week end . All I can saw is WOW!!! I found a Commander bobtail I fell in love with . It was a 2 tone Blue frame /hard chrome slide With the bobtail cut. . This pistol was fantastic . I own a Dan Wession bob tail Had it a few years now .. People this AC pistol was as tight fitted slide to frame as my DW. Its trigger felt as good. Over all fitting was right with the DW at a whole lot less money. Just as my early AC Deluex 5" Government was a match for my Colts. In fit and finish and accuracy dept. This bobtail will give a Dan Wesson a run for its money at a lot lower price. Is it a Dan Wesson? No. But a Dan Wesson isn't a Ed Brown either . What the AC Commander Bobtail is . A pistol the average working American can afford to own and carry . Not a pistol you save years to buy and keep in the safe and only enjoy now and then .

For the price the AC/Metro bobtail Commander is giving you a well fit and finished pistol . That will be reliable and accurate enough for a SD pistol . It over all fit and finish will equal guns costing a whole lot more . This will be a pistol you would strap on every day and carry. Not one that spends most of its life in a safe. So it won't get scratched .
    A American Classic Bobtail is on my list . If you like the bobtail I think you should give this one a look. I don't think you will be sorry.
    Last edited by michael t; 04-28-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Too bad I don't have no $$$. Davidson's shows 4 Blue ones in stock. They are listed under Metro Arms as manufacturer. I told Bersa Sales I'd go for one with alloy frame even if I had to borrow the money, but he said no dice.