Thread: 380 ammo

380 ammo

Hi all.Those of you that have and carry the thunder 380. Do you carry year round and what ammo do you use. For like when its cooler and the bgs are wearing more clothing like jackets and such. And do you feel confident in the capabilitys of the 380 round. Thanks and stay safe.

I carry Corbon DPX year around If should fail to expand it will then act like ball. I have never had a problem packing a 380. I think to much to do about nothing made over different calibers. People on gun boards what if themselves to death with worry about this or that. ALL hand gun calibers have failed at one time or another . That why you shoot till threat ended . But remember Just because you have a pistol doesn't mean you will automaticly win.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    I carry Corbon DPX year around If should fail to expand it will then act like ball. I have never had a problem packing a 380. I think to much to do about nothing made over different calibers. People on gun boards what if themselves to death with worry about this or that. ALL hand gun calibers have failed at one time or another . That why you shoot till threat ended . But remember Just because you have a pistol doesn't mean you will automaticly win.
    +1 for Corbon DPX.

Any bad experience with the Blaser 380 Aluminum ammo ? My 380cc does not like Belliot sellior,winchesters. It loves remingtonUMC but as hard as ammo is to find I ordered the blaser alum which I have found to be excellent in the LC9.

The only negative I've heard about the Blazer aluminum is from reloaders because they can't reload it.

Quote Originally Posted by valent View Post

We have a tester over at Bersachat and he has found the the CD shot denim deim failed to expand at all Not only his test but others on u tube has experiance this.

Sounding like a broken record the one 380 round that has worked and expanded thru denim, dry wall, car doors, lexan 99,9% is the Corbon DPX BuffaloBore uses same bullet you choice But must be the Barnes bullet not a copy as they fail also. So Again Corbon or Buffalo Bore . Taurus had in larger caliber at one time but dropped the line. Might find it in 45acp at gunshows.
    "Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good BERSA at your side, kid."

bersachat.com Where Bersa & American Classic owners call home

Hi Everyone. Brand new user. I wanted to know if 380 ACP 100 Grain TMJ ammo (Remanufactured Ammunition, brass & copper, not flat nose) was OK to use in my new Bersa Thunder 380. I already have about 200+ rounds of new ammunition through it (Fiocchi, American Eagle, Remington) and have had no problems whatsoever.

I think if I were you I would try to use that ammo and see how it works. I have an overly picky 380cc that seems to be only dependable with Remington UMC and Hornady CD. Maybe you could suggest something I can do so it will function with other ammo,I presume that polish feed ramp would be one. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Add one more to the Corbon DPX list. Federal Hydra Shok rounds are also pretty good...they are my 2nd choice. As far as the caliber of what you carry...I have a buddy who is a cop in one of the top 3 violent cities in the nation and he has seen grown men take well placed shots from a .45 and keep coming. PCP is a crazy drug and you never know who might be on what when a situation goes down. My father always told me it isn't the size of the round, it's the placement of the shot. He made me hunt deer with a .22 for years as a kid before I could have a .270 or 7mm-08.

Winchester white-box for target shooting. I use Hornady Critical Defense for my carry.

Thanks for the ballistics on the Hornaday. I do zombie for carry, anything brass for target.

I also like Z-Max in everything for carry. They are capable of doing a lot of damage. There are a few clips on YouTube that indicate the extent of damage that these projectiles do. As to the question of 100 gr. I am reloading 105 gr. (9mm) Bayou Bullets (coated cast lead) in my Bersa Thunder .380s. Lyman's manual (49th) has data up to 120 gr. lead for .380. Both of my Bersas seem perfectly happy to shoot the 105 grain bullets all day.