PDA

View Full Version : Rear sight addjustment?

captbob
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I just bought a Thunder 380 and was wondering if the screw on the side of the rear sight was for adjusting the sight or something else. Manual does not say.

mitchr
06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
The scew does adjust it for windage. However, be sure it is needed first. The Bersa .380 is noted for it's accuracy right out of the box. Many times inaccuracy is due to the shooter getting used to it. Experienced shooters report a difference in the angle & pull of the Bersas, compared to other brands.

If adjustment is necessary, be sure to reloctite the screw with BLUE loctite, otherwise you may lose it. Just a dab on the threads of the screw, let it set up until tacky, then install & let it cure overnight.

michael t
06-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I agree with mitchr 380 Thunder very accurate right from box . Leave sight alone and shoot the pistol a couple hundered rounds. Learn the trigger

captbob
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Not my first Bersa, I got this as both a carry gun and to use as a bug gun in IDPA. Just trying to learn more about it.

With my experiance with the Bersa Thunder 9 HC, and several thousands of rounds through it and the reviews on the net, not to mention how it felt in my hand made the decision for me. Should have well over a thousand rounds through it by the end of Summer.

thanks for the information

captbob
06-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Made it out to the range yesterday, and as informed the sights did not need adjusted. The wind was too strong to put up a cardboard target so I played with the 6 inch plate rack at 10 yards. 6 for 6 from a sandbag rest and unsupported freestyle averaged 6 for 7. Went through about 50 rounds and no problems at all. Can hardly wait untill I can try it at a match.

The only thing I would like to change is to put a small fiber optic sight on the frount (I have old tired eyes) but with the dove tailed frount sight that should be doable.

mitchr
06-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Made it out to the range yesterday, and as informed the sights did not need adjusted. The wind was too strong to put up a cardboard target so I played with the 6 inch plate rack at 10 yards. 6 for 6 from a sandbag rest and unsupported freestyle averaged 6 for 7. Went through about 50 rounds and no problems at all. Can hardly wait untill I can try it at a match.

The only thing I would like to change is to put a small fiber optic sight on the frount (I have old tired eyes) but with the dove tailed frount sight that should be doable.

You might try a bright colored paint on the front sight. I bought a 'kit' from Bright Sights with 6 different colors & the orange worked best for me. Their "Ghost Glow" colors didn't impress me at all. Actually, the auto touch up paint you find at Walmart would work & I've heard of guys using finger nail polish & model airplane paint. I use a toothpick dipped in the paint which makes it easier to pinpoint where it goes, just in the little hole in the sight. I don't bother with the rear sight.