PDA

View Full Version : BP9CC magazine release problem.

johnboatcat
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM
My new BP9CC has a very difficult to push mag release. I mean "very hard" to push. When you push from either side it squeaks like it is rubbing hard even after lubing. Sometimes it will stick and not re-position itself. Some times I have to press it with a punch to get the mag to release. I have worked it both directions hundreds of times trying to get it broken in, but no improvement. Is there a solution to this other than warranty service? Thanks!

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
05-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but I believe this will take a warranty service center. If it is a parts issue, we can replace them under the warranty. If it is a frame issue, we can replace the firearm if needed, under the warranty. If someone attempts to repair it and damages the frame or parts, it may very well void the warranty. So, to be safe, and since this is not a common issue, I would send it in. Please let us know what we can do to help.
Thanks,

johnboatcat
05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks! I have a little more to add which may help. It is not a frame problem I believe as I can slide the mag in 3/4 of the way and the mag release button moves from side to side easily. I took off the slide and worked some white lithium under the release flapper and on the button flat. This helped with the noise considerably and made it so I can at least get the mag out without putting it down on a flat surface. Could I just have a really tight/strong spring that will loosen over time? Last night I left the mag in 3/4 of the way so the spring was under tension and it seems better/easier today.

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
05-23-2012, 09:35 AM
It could be a number of things, but with use it should get somewhat better as parts mate surfaces and springs take a set. Please let us know what you decide to do.
Thanks,