PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Wit Pistol ID

diverdon
04-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello, Im sure glad you'r all here . I had a little problem with my thunder .380 and ordered a part for it which came to me as the wrong part ... Pretty sure it was because I didn't give the correct model for my pistol ..
It is the disconnector linkage that runs from the trigger back to the ... "action?" in the back end .. Apparently a roll pin which goes thru the frame was sticking thru to the right side of the pistol and held this part off a little which cause intermittent "non firing" problems..

I ordered the part before I realized the pin being the real problem and had also taken my dremel tool to the old one to try to "fix" it ..

The new one came in and was to short for my pistol this was months ago and I'm just now getting back to trying to fix it .. My Bersa is totally Matte Blue .380 the UPC from the box is 091664903806 . There seems to be 2 pistols that are the Black "Blue" color and I ordered the part for the wrong one..

Now that I have found the pin that was the real problem and corrected it .. I'd like to get the right part for it as I have ground on the one that's in this pistol now ... It seems to work fine but I'm uneasy about having a part that I have "Modified" in it..

I know it sounds pretty stupid that I'd have a pistol and not know which model it is but ... There's 2 black ones and I'm confused as to which I have ..

Sorry this is so long .. Thanks for the help.. Don J.

P.S. - Arg!! I can't spell .. Title is .. Need help (With) Pistol

mitchr
04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
A picture might help, but also a call to Eagle Import with the S/N & they could give you the correct info.

(732) 493-0333

Americangirl01
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
What is the rollmark on the slide? The latest releases will be rollmarked as Thunder 380* (standard 7 round Thunder 380), Thunder 380CC (8 round concealed carry model), Thunder 380 DLX* (9 round Deluxe model) or Thunder 380 Plus (15 round Plus model - this model has a double stack magazine whereas the rest are single stack). Even if the pistol is an older production, it should still have the model name on the rollmark, I believe.

*The 7 round and 9 round magazines are interchangeable, but none of the others will work with any of the other models.

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
05-01-2012, 07:26 PM
That pin your talking about should be a solid tapered pin. If it is a roll pin, something is wrong. If it is not the proper length and inserted the correct way, it can cause future issues.
Please let us know if we can help, and we may be able to help with warranty.
Thanks,