PDA

View Full Version : Bersa Thunder 380 slide wear.

darkdreamer
04-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Is this considered normal slide wear on the Bersa Thunder 380? See my picture below. Only the area circled is what I'm talking about. I think its where the trigger bar is contacting the slide. Any ideas?

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
04-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes, it is normal wear and should reach a point that it becomes stable. If it gets bad, you can send it in and we can address it, but that is a rare occurance. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
Thanks,

darkdreamer
04-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes, it is normal wear and should reach a point that it becomes stable. If it gets bad, you can send it in and we can address it, but that is a rare occurance. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
Thanks,

Thanks for the quick response. I also have a thunder 22 that I bought to be a practice piece so I don't break the bank with .380 ammo. I find that I've been having problems with FTE. The shell stays in the chamber. I've had less problems out of cci stingers but still have problems from the mini mags. I have 2 Bersa brand magazines and I am an obsessive gun cleaner. I have put a total of about 400 rounds of cci brand ammo. Any thoughts on this issue? As I dont use it as a protection weapon it's not that great of a deal. But it just bugs me.

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
If it shoots Stingers well, and won't extract the Mini Mags, we may need to adjust the extractor. are they staying in the chamber or not clearing the ejection port? Let us know and we will help you get it right.
Thanks,

Americangirl01
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Is this considered normal slide wear on the Bersa Thunder 380? See my picture below. Only the area circled is what I'm talking about. I think its where the trigger bar is contacting the slide. Any ideas?The slides of my frequently used pistols look like this one. It will eventually cease and not get any worse.

I've never had issues with Mini-mags. I think it may be wise to heed CGW's advice.