PDA

View Full Version : Experienced my first FTE

AJdc5
03-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi all, new member here. Purchased a Thunder 9 UC a couple months back and have since put about 850 rounds through it. I have experimented with Remington UMC (FMJ and JHP), Corbon, Blazer, and Federal with no problems up until tonight. Decided to try out some Winchester 124 grain FMJ (white box/black lettering)and I ended up experiencing 2 FTE's in the 50 round box. I was surprised because I've never had any malfunctions and the week prior I fired 50 rounds of it and experienced no problems. I'm hoping it was just a bad box, but any thoughts on this particular ammo?

Americangirl01
03-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi all, new member here. Purchased a Thunder 9 UC a couple months back and have since put about 850 rounds through it. I have experimented with Remington UMC (FMJ and JHP), Corbon, Blazer, and Federal with no problems up until tonight. Decided to try out some Winchester 124 grain FMJ (white box/black lettering)and I ended up experiencing 2 FTE's in the 50 round box. I was surprised because I've never had any malfunctions and the week prior I fired 50 rounds of it and experienced no problems. I'm hoping it was just a bad box, but any thoughts on this particular ammo?Hello, AJdc5 and welcome. I'm sorry that you were having troubles. The Bersa 9MM pistols have a reputation as being virtually trouble free out of the box. Assuming the pistol was cleaned and lubed, my guess would be that you got your hands on a bad box of ammo. If you continue to have issues, however, I would take advantage of the lifetime service contract and send to pistol to one of the warranty centers to be repaired. Good luck.

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I agree with AG, it sounds like a bad box of ammunition. The white box ammo has been known to have some issues. Please let us know if this continues, and we will be happy to take care of it for you.
Thank you,

AJdc5
04-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Thank you both for your responses. I have since put about 200 rounds through it and have not had a single problem. I'm in love with the Bersa UC 9mm! Can either of you tell me if there are any tactial lights that fit the ultra compact model? I have searched around the internet a bit and it seems like the lights are geared toward the high capacity model.

ColoradoGunWorksGunsmith
04-18-2012, 09:41 AM
If you have the Pro model with the rail, there are a few companies that make them. Look for compact rail lights like for use on a Walther P22, Glock 26, and such as that. I believe insight technologies makes one that we have and it is great. Let us know if you need any other help.
Thanks,