PDA

View Full Version : Problem on just recieved Bersa UC40

dean1818
10-26-2010, 08:17 AM
After doing some research and holding a UC9, I decided to take the plunge and buy my first Bersa.

First, the pistol I am sure that I am going to love.

The feel is excellent and I cant wait to take it to the range.

Though a tad bit heavy, I think it will be a perfect CCW gun.

HOWEVER

After opening the box yesterday, I was very disapointed how mottled the finish appeared
on the slide. The bag that it was stored in from Buds had black oily areas where I am sure that
the finish came off on.

What can be done?

This is a QC problem.

Outlaw
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Dean,
I'm new to the forum also. I bought a UC40 Saturday, took it home and under bright light noticed the splotchy coating also. I thought it might be cosmaline or something so I took a course cloth and some hoppe's gun solvent and started scrubbing it and next thing I knew my slide was turning brown as the black coating was coming off onto the rag. I spoke to a gentleman at Colorado Gun Works and he just said send it to him and he'd look at it. He also said it is not a blueing or parkerizing, some kind of spray coating. How cheap is that??? I realize the gun is inexpensive, but damn! I figured the last place they would scrimp would be the external appearance. I'll let you know how it all comes out. Bersa wants you to call and send the gun to one of their authorized service centers for any issues. I'm sure there's one in Texas.

P.S. I wouldn't worry too much. I hear from everyone on the forums that Bersa has a really top notch warranty satisfaction unit. They just replace the slide and nothing said. I asked CGW is they would ask Bersa if I could upgrade to the nickel slide if I paid the difference. He said he would try.