PDA

View Full Version : After cleaning, slide will not go all the back....

Dave Walda
10-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Hello all, I am in need of some help. I bought my .380 Bersa Thunder and cleaned it after my off-duty qualifications. Everything went well in dissasembly, however I did have some issues getting the slide back on ( I admit I am knew to this manufactuer as I usually use Glock) I was able to get the slide back on now the slide will nto go back all the way and that is with the release switch pushed all the down as I am pulling back on the grip. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Benjamin
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello there, welcome to the forum. I am going to take a wild guess and say your slide is hung up and is not correctly on the rails. Push your disassembly lever forward and and take slide off again. When done with that, turn gun over and put rail on backwards instead of looking at the top look at the bottom and line it up real good and pull back until you feel it grasp well. Then let gravity pull the gun forward and let lever go. You will see its much easier upside down as to make sure your rails line up correctly. Good luck and God bless!

Benjamin

Mountain Walker
11-27-2010, 11:37 PM
When Reassembling the slide to the frame look at the picture in the manual and use that method. I was holding it differently and it is a lot easier to do just like the photo in the instruction book. Also, make sure the safety on the slide is all the way up. Hope this helps.